Growing your own Chinook hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew.
Chinook is a high alpha variety known for its distinctive spicy piney character. Some say it's like resin falling on a bed of damp pine needles. It has a powerful, lingering aroma and is popular in American pale ale, and IPA. 11-13% AA. Grows well in dry, hot climates. Great ornamental hop. Does not grow well in moist climates. Susceptible to spider mites.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.