Growing your own Columbus hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew.
Columbus is a very high alpha acid hop with a pungent, resinous, "dank" aroma and flavor. It also has a high essential oil content which makes it well suited for dry hopping. Very popular for American IPAs. It has a 14.5-15.5% AA. Grows well in dry, hot climates. Vigorous, but susceptible to mildew diseases.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.