Growing your own Crystal hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew.
Pungently floral descendant of Hallertau, Crystal hops provided aroma for German or US ales and craft lagers, pilsner, and ESB. Typical alpha: 2.0-4.5%. American grown Hallertau hybrid. Used mainly for its aromatic properties. Mild, spicy, floral. Sister hop to Mount Hood and Liberty. Its mild and pleasant aroma, with spicy and flowery tones add character to your homebrewed beers. Very hardy.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.