Growing your own Galena hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew.
Galena is a high alpha variety reputed to be the most widely used commercial bittering hop. Renowned for contributing a clean and crisp bitterness that blends well with finishing hops, it is suitable for all beer styles. It has a pleasant aroma of medium intensity with a citrusy, woody, spicy edge. AA of 10-15%. Early maturation with moderate yield and favorable storage properties. Some susceptibility to mildew and aphids.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.