In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
To receive your free PWB 2oz (SKU 7949), head to the Midwest Supplies retail location and purchase any qualifying merchandise, then simply mention this promotion. Offer valid in-store only on 9/30/2016 or while supplies last. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Offer does not apply to Blichmann products, gift cards, or the promotional PBW.
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Intro To Brewing
- Sunday, October 23, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/23
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
Saturday, October 22, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/22
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Intro To Winemaking
- Sunday, October 30, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/30
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
- Saturday, October 29, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/29
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheese samples for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
- Saturday, October 1, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/01
- Learn the tricks to making great fruit wines from your backyard harvest. Our experts will walk you through all the steps to make a great batch of wine from fruit preparation through bottling. We'll answer your questions and help you get started on making great wines. You will have the opportunity to taste a few fruit wines.
Wine From Fruit
Sunday, October 2, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/02
- Tired of bottling your beer? Stop in for the Intro to Kegging class to learn the basics of kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine!
Sunday, October 9, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/09
- Award winning mead makers will be doing demonstrations and giving tricks and tips to mastering the art of fermenting honey. Come join them to ask questions and start your brew of the bees!
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
- Saturday, October 15, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/15
- Learn to turn your apples into apple wine or hard cider.
Making Apple Cider
Advanced Brewing : Water
- Sunday, October 16, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/16
- Beer contains approximately 90 percent water. Stop in and learn how water treatment can drastically change the finished product and how to use water to your advantage. This class will cover the different sources of water, treatment and how to replicate water profiles from all over the world!