In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
- 2 Free Cans of Fast Pitch® with Orders Over $40 or 4 Free Cans with Orders Over $75: To receive your free Fast Pitch®, head to the Midwest Supplies retail location & select $40 worth of qualifying merchandise to receive 2 Free Cans of Fast Pitch®. Select $75 worth of qualifying merchandise and receive 4 free cans of Fast Pitch®. Offer valid in-store only on 7/29/2016 while supplies last. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. Blichmann products, gift cards and cans of Fast Pitch® cannot be included in the $40 or $75 subtotals.
2 Free Cans of Fast Pitch® with Orders Over $40
- or -
4 Free Cans with Orders Over $75
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Intro To Brewing
Sunday, August 28, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/28
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
Intro To Winemaking
Saturday, August 6, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/6
- Tired of bottling your beer? Stop in for the Intro to Kegging class to learn the basics of kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine!
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
Saturday, August 13, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/13
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheese samples for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
Sunday, July 31, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/31
Award winning mead makers will be doing demonstrations and giving tricks and tips to mastering the art of fermenting honey. Come join them to ask questions and start your brew of the bees!
Sunday, August 14, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/14
It's the most important ingredient in beer. Learn how to calculate the proper pitch rates, the best way to make a yeast starter and how to harvest yeast for future brews from our Siebel Institute graduate Andrew. Top cropping and bottom cropping alike, he will walk you through how to use and care for these living organisms.
Advanced Brewing: Yeast
Saturday, August 27, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/27
- Learn how to take the next step in home cheesemaking from our expert Larry Janke. He will demonstrate techniques in making hard cheeses such as cheddar, gouda and parmesan. Hard cheeses require some extra care including pressing, waxing and the the aging process. Larry will guide you through them all. Bring your questions and Midwest will bring the cheese with some wine pairings!