In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Free Wallet Bottle Opener!
Free Wallet Bottle Opener! To receive your free Wallet Bottle Opener (SKU 6812), head to our retail location and purchase $10 worth of qualifying merchandise, then simply mention this promotion. Offer valid in-store only on 8/26/2016 while supplies last. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers, promotions, or discounts. $10 subtotal may not contain any Blichmann products, gift cards, or promotional bottle openers.
Italian & Californian Juice Pre-Order
Italian & Californian Juice Pre-Order: Italian and Californian Juice Pre-Orders will be accepted through early September. Contact us today at 888-449-2739 ext 1060 to place an order or for additional information.
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Thursday, September 8, 2016 @ 7:00 p.m. Reserve a Ticket!
- Celebrate the launch of Master Vintner’s first-ever 2016 Limited Edition Winemaking Kits with a fun, flavorful evening of wine tasting and food pairing hosted by winemaking celeb, Tim Vandergrift!
This exclusive event will be your first opportunity to explore and pre-order the four outstanding wines that make up the Master Vintner 2016 Limited Edition Winemaking Kit roster. And you'll hear all about them from the master maker, himself. With Tim as your guide, you'll tour the historic French regions where the grapes will be harvested and pressed, then sip a selection of wines with similar flavor profiles, perfectly paired with sweet and savory dishes.
Join us at the Northern Brewer World Headquarters for our Limited Edition launch party, and you'll receive exclusive, one-time-only deals on pre-orders, sneak peeks at what our winemakers are working on, a limited edition Master Vintner tasting glass and tote...and the chance to talk wine, wine and more wine with Tim and your fellow home winemakers.
But just like the kits themselves, reservations to this exclusive event are limited and going fast. So secure your space today and save!
Purchase your Early Bird tickets for only $10 until 9/3, and enjoy fine wine, food pairings, complimentary limited edition tasting glasses and special VIP pricing on Master Vintner’s LE 2016 Wine Kits eligible only to event attendees.
Master Vintner Limited Edition Pre-Order & Wine Tasting
Sunday, September 18, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/18
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
Intro To Brewing
Saturday, September 3, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/3
- So you've got hops climbing in your yard, now what? Timing is crucial in harvesting your hops. We've brought in Josh Havill from the University of Minnesota to walk you through the harvesting process and what to look for on your homegrown cones. This free class fills up fast so reserve your seat today!
Hop Harvesting with Joshua Havill
Sunday, September 4, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/4
- Relax and unwind with a free Vinyasa flow yoga class taught outdoors by certified yoga instructors. A good class for all skill levels. Afterward, stop in and enjoy free samples of cold press coffee, wine and beer. Great for the body and mind!
Poses for Pints - Free Yoga & Beer
Sunday, September 11, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/11
- Learn the ins and outs of making sour beers at home in our free class. Our own sour expert Bri will walk you through the process. There are many different ways to make a good sour at home and she will cover everything from kettle sours to barrel inoculation and adding fruit.
Sunday, August 28, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/28
Sunday, September 25, 2016 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/25
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
Intro To Winemaking
Saturday, September 24, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/24
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheese samples for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
Saturday, August 27, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/27
- Learn how to take the next step in home cheesemaking from our expert Larry Janke. He will demonstrate techniques in making hard cheeses such as cheddar, gouda and parmesan. Hard cheeses require some extra care including pressing, waxing and the the aging process. Larry will guide you through them all. Bring your questions and Midwest will bring the cheese with some wine pairings!