US Citra® Pellet Hops are a new, up and coming variety, known for its intense flavor and aroma characteristics. Developed by the Hop Breeding Company of Yakima, Washington; released in 2007.
- Development: Comprised of Hallertauer Mittlefrüh, US Tettnang, Brewer’s Gold and East Kent Golding.
- Usage: Aroma Aroma: Strong citrus and tropical tones—grapefruit, melon, lime, gooseberry, passion fruit and lychee
- Alpha Acids: 11.0 — 13.0%
- Beta Acids: 3.5 — 4.5%
- Co-Humulone: 22 — 24% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 2.2 — 2.8 mls/100g
- Substitutions: Unknown
- Typical Beer Styles: American-style Pale Ale, IPA, Double IPA
- Details & Instructions
Alpha Acid (Average %) 11.0 — 13.0% Type Pellet Typical Usage Aroma Co-Humulone (%) 22 — 24% of alpha acids Total Oil (ml/100g hops) 2.2 — 2.8 mls/100g Substitutions Unknown
- Customer Q&A