Activate this Wyeast packet and in just 4-5 hours it will be ready to pitch. Ferments batches quickly. Very popular ale strain also known as the "Chico Strain". A definite step-up from dry yeast, this worthy investment creates a full flavor profile and allows the malt and hop character to dominate for a variety of beer styles.
- Pure pitchable yeast for brewing
- 100 billion yeast cells
- For use with 5-gallon wort
- Crisp flavor with low fruitness and mild ester production
- Slightly citrus like with cool (60-66F, 15-19C) fermentation temperatures
- Flocculation improves with dark malts in grain bill
- Normally requires filtration for bright beers
- DE or pad filtration recommended
Amber, Brown, APA, IPA, IIPA, Barleywine, RIS
Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze.