On Orders Over $30

Text Us 952-260-4404

Bigfoot's Barleywine All Grain Beer Recipe Kit

More Views

Bigfoot's Barleywine All Grain Beer Recipe Kit


The old saying "enjoy in moderation" should be taken literally when drinking this potent brew.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $30

* Required Fields

Price as configured: $0.00

From: $47.00

To: $69.98

Price as configured: $0.00



As the strongest of British Ales, Barleywines are worth the 9 - 12 month wait. The old saying "enjoy in moderation" should be taken literally when drinking this potent brew. It packs a wallop. This kit requires a larger mashtun capacity - be sure your tun can hold 18lbs of grain.

Ingredients: 18 lbs. Domestic 2-Row barley, 8 oz. Carapils®, 8 oz. Caramel 40L, 4.5 oz. hops, priming sugar, yeast, and 1 pkg. of champagne dry yeast.
Details & Instructions

Additional Information

Beer Style Strong Ale
Origin of Style USA
Color Amber
Gravity Level High
Hop Rating (1-5) 2
Yeast Instructions

5.0 / 5.0
3 Reviews
5 Stars
4 Stars
3 Stars
2 Stars
1 Star
Amazing Beer Amazing Price
This was my 1st all-grain batch I figured with 18 lbs of grain go big or go home. For a Barleywine the price cant be beat, at my local brew shop a similar kit is $70. Its still in the fermenter, so cant say anything for the taste yet, but it smells amazing with he 5 oz of hops provided. The staff at Midwest are the best!
March 13, 2013
barley wine
Finally, after 9 months I cracked one open....a little early I think. Color is darker than I thought it would be. I carbed on the low it's a little flat for my taste. Flavor is good, LOTS of malt flavor. But I am going to wait another 2 months to see if it gets better.
July 3, 2013
Happy holidays
Its brewing now
December 23, 2015
Customer Q&A
Start typing your question and we'll check if it was already asked and answered. Learn More
Browse 3 questions Browse 3 questions and 3 answers
I am going to brew this soon. I am going to do a standard yeast starter a few days before brew day. Question: Should I still wait to added the Champagne yeast to the secondary or should both yeasts go in the primary? What is the benefit of holding off till the secondary?
S N on Mar 8, 2016
BEST ANSWER: The Champagne yeast should be added at secondary. They are adapted to the higher alcohol content that will be present following primary fermentation and may be out-competed by the other yeast if added during primary.
The instructions call for transferring to a secondary in 7 - 14 days, adding the Champagne yeast, and then let everything condition for up to 6 months.

The fermentation in the primary is still raging, circulating, and giving off a CO2 bubble once per second after 14 days (which might be because I used a starter).

Question . . . . Should I wait to transfer to the secondary until active fermentation appears to have stopped and the gravity is stable, or should I still get the Barleywine off the yeast cake and transfer to the secondary now , and pitch the Champagne yeast even though fermentation is still very active?
J I on Apr 23, 2016

I would wait for the fermentation to calm down prior to transferring.
Will this recipe fit in a 10gal mash tun?
A shopper on Dec 25, 2017

Call Us 888-449-2739

Text Us 952-260-4404

Please wait...

Your selected product has been added to your Cart.

Continue Shopping Go To Cart