Where can I get information about my tap or well water?

Contact your local town, city or county water board. In most cases they will furnish you with free information about the contents of your water. If you have well water you will need to have a private analysis done on your well. You can check the yellow pages or the internet for laboratories that provide this service. Or if the cost is restrictive, sometimes a local university will perform the analysis for free.