Prep: 30 min
Bake: 8 hours
Yield: 3-4 servings
In the mood for an easy weeknight meal that feels like a special occasion? Check. These short ribs turn tender and delicious in the slow cooker. Pro tip: Serve with plenty of bread or mashed potatoes. The pan juices are possibly even better than the ribs.
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. canned chipotle chilies in adobo plus 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup your favorite Stout
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Puree chipotle chilies and sauce, brewed coffee, garlic cloves, honey, olive oil, lime and salt and pepper together in a food processor.
- Place onions in the bottom of slow cooker crockpot and pour Stout overtop.
- Add short ribs on top of onions then pour coffee mixture on top.
- Cover and let cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-7 hours.
About the ChefSabastian Desotelle
True confession: I don’t have a daily coffee habit…For me, coffee – and especially really great coffee – is made to be savored. So I always look for ways to highlight the sweet, roasty notes of coffee in my homebrew and on my table.