Pull-Apart Margherita Mozzarella Pizza Bombs
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 20 min
Yield: 6 servings
How do you improve upon pizza? That’s not just a philosophical question. I took that challenge seriously. The result: These delicious pizza bombs made with fresh mozz that stretches for days. That’s the biggest difference between fresh cheese and store-bought. No need for stabilizers that make cheese taste and feel like plastic. Just a whole lotta yum.
- 200g or 1.5 cups bread flour (plus more for dusting)
- ½tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. garlic flakes/dehydrated minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Tomato sauce, 8-16 oz, jarred or canned
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Fresh mozzarella, formed into 1-inch balls
- Add the flour, salt and yeast to a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour the warm water and a teaspoon of olive oil into the well and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Turn the mixture onto a floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place the dough into greased bowl (using a bit of olive oil) then cover and rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Roll pizza dough flat. Brush with herbed garlic oil. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Using pizza cutter, slice into 16 equal, square pieces. Top each with mozzarella ball. Wrap dough around each ball and seal.
- Oil bottom of cast iron skillet or cake pan. Add cheese balls, sealed side down. Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with sauce and shredded mozzarella. Bake for 1-5 more minutes. Then serve.
About the ChefLarry Janke
I am a firm believer that cheese makes everything better. And when you can make and use fresh cheeses in your favorite recipes...Well, life just doesn’t get much better than that. Except maybe if you’re eating homemade cheese while drinking your own homebrew. That would certainly qualify. I started out homebrewing years & years ago. And since then, I’ve become an avid cheesemaker, and winemaker, too. Sharing some of my favorite recipes is my way of converting new makers to the cause!
$31.99Smooth and stretchy, tender and tantalizing...making heirloom-quality Mozz with our Creamery in a Box® Fresh Mozzarella Recipe Kit is so life-changing, you may never settle for plasticky, store-bought mozz again!
Everything from pizza to Caprese salad gets an instant upgrade when you use mozzarella hand-crafted in your own kitchen. (And did we mention, it only takes about 30 minutes?) Nothing but YUM! Learn More
$105.99Ready to enjoy the most delicious, hand-crafted cheese you’ve ever tasted? Good, because Creamery in a Box® Essential Starter Kit provides everything you need to make seriously fresh, seriously tasty artisan-quality cheese in your own kitchen.
All-natural and as local as it gets! Just add the milk of your choice, and in about 30 minutes, you'll be ready to share cheese so good, family and friends will be clamoring for more.
Your kit comes with professional-grade cheesemaking tools, all-natural ingredients, premium cheesecloth and butter muslin, plus two of our best-selling recipe kits, so you can make Farmhouse Cheddar and Fresh Mozzarella right out of the box! Learn More