Sweet & Spicy Summer Salad
Prep: 20 min
Yield: 6 servings
When it’s too hot to cook, this easy summer salad is one of my favorites to enjoy during a late night dinner under the stars. The salty tang of the fresh feta is heightened by the sweet watermelon. But don’t let those flavors fool you. I also add a bit of heat in the form of diced jalapeños. So this is one salad that will make you sweat…but in a good way!
- 6 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Whisk together lime juice, oil and a pinch of lime zest and set aside
- Place the watermelon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the minced jalapeños, reserved lime dressing, and toss gently until combined.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled feta and mint leaves and toss once more to incorporate.
- Chill, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sea salt just before serving.
About the ChefLarry Janke
I am a firm believer that cheese makes everything better. And when you can make and use fresh cheeses in your favorite recipes...Well, life just doesn’t get much better than that. Except maybe if you’re eating homemade cheese while drinking your own homebrew. That would certainly qualify. I started out homebrewing years & years ago. And since then, I’ve become an avid cheesemaker, and winemaker, too. Sharing some of my favorite recipes is my way of converting new makers to the cause!
$37.99The trademark briny bite of Crumbled Feta has been delighting palates for centuries. And you’ll find out why when you make your very own with our Creamery in a Box® Crumbled Feta Recipe Kit!
This soft, brined cheese pairs perfectly with bright beers and tart white wines…But don’t take our word for it. Make it (and taste it) for yourself! Learn More