Pork Chops and Peach Glaze with Wine
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 25 min
Yield: 4 servings
Peaches and Riesling are a natural partner, and all the better when drizzled over delicious pork chops. Brining makes the chops juicy and tender. The secret to the juciest, most tender pork chops you’ve ever tasted? Treat your chops to at least 30 minutes in a luxurious wine-and-brine bath. Perfect excuse to enjoy a glass of Riesling yourself!
For the Brine
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 quart of water
- 1 cup Master Vintner Riesling
- 1 clove garlic, lightly crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns
For the Pork
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. chili paste
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Master Vintner Riesling
- Mix all the brine ingredients together in a shallow container. Lay the pork chops in a single layer and marinate for 30 minutes to two hours before cooking.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peach preserves, Worcestershire sauce and chili paste. Set aside.
- Remove pork from marinade and pat dry, then sprinkle the chops with ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chops for about 2 minutes on each side, then remove from pan.
- Pour white wine into the pan, and scrape the bottom of the pan to get up all the browned bits. Stir in the peach preserves mixture and bring to a boil.
- Return the chops to the pan, and flip to coat with the sauce. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook the pork chops for about 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Serve over rice.
About the ChefTim Vandergrift
For the past two decades, my life has centered around making, drinking, cellaring, collecting, experimenting with and, above all, sharing my love for homemade wine! That often entails traveling around the world teaching others about winemaking. And along the way, I’ve collected my fair share of go-to recipes…usually including the wine I happen to be sampling at the time. All that to say, wine tastes as good in dishes as paired with them! Bon appetit!
Regular Price: $91.99
Special Price $79.99
Regular Price: $147.99
Special Price $124.99
Regular Price: $199.99
Special Price $184.99