Growing your own Centennial hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew.
Centennial is a classic American hop with flavor and aroma properties said to be similar to Cascade, but more intense and with a higher alpha acid. We think it has less of the Cascade grapefruityness and more of a floral citrus quality that makes it unique and very pleasant. It's higher alpha acid makes it an excellent dual purpose hop. 9.5-11% AA.Grows well in all climates. Susceptible to downy mildew.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.