Increase your mash efficiency and enjoy the high quality of the grains in your next batch when you use the Original Crusher Malt Mill. A must for the serious homebrewer, this grain mill is precision-machined with durable parts to last a lifetime. It’s the only grain mill you will ever need! Efficiently pulls grain through rollers, leaving the hull intact and providing an excellent filter bed for sparging.
- Adjustable rollers on both ends keep gap spacing parallel for a uniform crush along the full length of rollers
- Rollers feature 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through, leaving the hull intact to form a quality filter bed for sparging
- Gap default setting is marked and set at .039 during assembly
- Adjustment range is from .015 to .070 thousands of an inch
- Standard hopper holds 7 lbs.
- Using a 3/8 drill motor at 500 RPM gives you a crush rate of 6 lbs. a minute, making the big grain bills fast and easy
- Solid base fits easily unit on a 5-gallon plastic bucket
- No adapters needed to use a 3/8 drill motor
- 1018 cold-rolled steel rollers, 6061 aluminum mill body and hopper, tool steel axles with oil-impregnated bronze bushings
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I had this crusher for several years then I while crushing the rollers would lock up. I tried oiling the bushing, but it didn't fix the issue. I am giving it four stars for longevity, but I am taking my chances on the Hullwrecker. The Hullwrecker has sealed bearings.
Used this mill three times, my efficiency was better when I used my old Corona Mill! Then on my fourth batch, using Maris Otter (which is a floor malted grain), must have been a rock in the grain, the mill made a god awful crunch, it ate it up but in turn I now have a nice 1/4" wide scar all the way around the knurling of the drive roller...I'll reset it and see what happens...it's made in the USA!
I've only used it once since getting it but it worked like a champ. It, along with a drill, made quick and easy work of 11 lbs of grain. I couldn't imagine however crushing that same 11 lbs by hand cranking it. It took the drill several minutes at full speed to get the job done, so I'd be there for an hour if I had to do it by hand. The mill produced a very consistent particle size and was calibrated perfectly at the factory so it worked great right out of the box.
You can spend a lot more than this on a grinder but it really isn't necessary !This substancial grinder has all the features you need and will last possibly a lifetime of use. You can blow through #15 of grain in a very short time if you hook it up to a drill.
Good product, made even better by installing a motor or using a drill (I use a cheapy hammer drill). Did not give it five stars because of relatively sloppy fit of the panels. Used a spark plug feeler gauge to set it and forget it - setting has stayed locked in for 18 months, now...