- The Ingredients
- The Equipment
- Cleaning and Caring for Your Equipment
- The Basic Techniques
- Recipes for Soft Cheeses - Queso Blanco, Fromage Blanc, Whole-Milk Ricotta, Feta
- Recipes for Hard Cheeses - Traditional Cheddar, Gouda, Monterey Jack
- Recipes for Hard Cheeses - 30-Minute Mozzarella, Parmesan
- Recipes for Other Dairy Products - Sour Cream, Butter, Yogurt
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I wanted a simple book to help me start out. My idea was after i made one or two cheeses I'd read more in depth. This book was good enough for my needs.
It got me up and running in no time, making good cheese. After a few rounds I started getting other books to fill in the details. But this is the perfect starter book.
Its a small book but actually its a good introduction to cheese making and was just what I was looking for. Its perfect for my level.
I just got a cheese making kit and wanted a book that gave the basics without going into agonizing detail. This is such a book. It's got good coverage of the basics, enough for me to get started. It also has a few recipes for me to try.
I want to start making cheese and was looking for a simple book to start with. Once I make a cheese or two, I'll get something more advanced, similar to how I started beer brewing._x000D_This is a short, to the point book, and it covered all I needed to get started. After another cheese I will get a more advanced book. But for the price, and it's contents, it's a perfect choice for a beginner like me.