Floor Malted - Hand Turned
The hallmark of a Pilsner malt is the light grassy note that comes from keeping the final kiln temperature under 180°F. This note is essential for the perfectly balanced character of many lager styles.
Leopold Bros. Pilsner Malt is germinated on the floor at traditionally cool temperatures, allowing for thorough beta-glucan degradation, while at the same time slowing the synthesis of enzymes, lowering the diastatic power of the finished malt. This lower diastatic power gives brewers more control over the terminal gravity in the mash tun, allowing for the slightly sweet finish that is key to producing Bavarian-style lagers. It is the perfect malt for Helles, Pils, and Landbier.
Features & Benefits:
- Flavors: Deeper depth of flavor than traditional US Pilsner, Grassy Notes.
- Traditional Floor Malted Style
- Lower diastatic power leads to better step mashing control
- Low Beta-glucan resulting in easier runoff
- Up to 100% dependent upon beer style
- Lagers, Pilsners, Doppelbock, Kellerbier, Kolsch
C080I - Crushed
|Soluble Total Protien||
Up to 100%
|Grain Type||Domestic Base Malt|
|Malt Color||Light (0-15° L)|