The FastFerment Insulated Jacket allows you to create the ideal temperature for your Brewing & Wine Making in your FastFerment Conical Fermenter.
It works with the Wall Mounts*** & with the Stand.
***FastFerments produced before August of 2015 contain brackets that are not strong enough to hold the additional weight of the insulated jacket and necessary ice. Please see photo and ensure your brackets are compatible with the FastFerment Insulated Jacket.
In hot climates, add frozen 2L bottles to cool it down, switching them out every 2-5 days. In cool climates, simply add a heating pad.
Details and Dimensions
- Sturdy nylon exterior
- Waterproof thermo plastic inside
- Dimensions: 20.5" diameter, 34" tall
How Does The Insulated Jacket Work?
The Insulated Jacket works great up to a 30 degrees F drop below room temperature!
It is easy to control the desired temperature by using frozen 2-liter bottles as follows:
- One frozen 1-liter bottle will result in a 2.5 degree F drop below room temperature.
- One frozen 2-liter bottle will result in a 5 degree F drop over below temperature.
- Two frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 10 degree F drop below room temperature.
- Three frozen 2-liter bottles will result in a 15 degree F drop below room temperature. This method is scalable all the way up to around a 30 degree F drop below room temperature! A frozen 2-liter bottle typically does not thaw completely in 24 hours so it is easy to maintain a constant temperature drop.
- Details & Instructions
- Customer Q&A
Browse 1 question Browse 1 question and 3 answersI don't have a fast fermenter but do you think this could also be used with a plastic carboy, like the big mouth bubbler 6.5 gallon?... We are experiencing temperatures up to 100° in my town and I have not been able to brew :S...BEST ANSWER: This might work for you but remember because of the conical shape of the fast fermenter you will not have quite as much room for ice inside the cover, but you could use blue ice packs that's what I ended up using in addition to 16 oz soda bottles frozen solid and just changing them out every evening. I was able to keep my temperature at roughly 67 68 degrees in 75 to 80 degree temperature in the room that the fermenter was in. As far as the carboy fitting I pretty sure it would.