How do I make wine with one of your kits?
It's really very easy!
- First, make sure that all of your equipment is clean and sanitized.
- Then, you carefully pour the juice into your primary fermenter, and top it off to 6 gallons with water.
- Next, pour your yeast in, and stir the mixture with a sanitized spoon. Place the cover securely onto the bucket and fit a sanitized airlock into the hole.
- Then place your fermenter in a room temperature (68-85 °F) environment. You should begin to see bubbles coming up through the airlock within 24-48 hours.
- Once the primary fermentation is complete (1 bubble a minute out of the airlock), it's time to transfer the wine to a carboy or barrel. This is a good time to test the acidity, pH and SO2 levels and make any necessary adjustments. The wine sits in the carboy or barrel until it ferments to complete dryness.