42 Gallon Conical Terminator with Tri-Clamp Sanitary Fittings
This generous 42-gallon "Terminator" lets you brew a big batch without transferring to another container. Use it as both your primary and secondary vessel. Well-built, thick solid stainless steel design is completely weld-less. Easy to assemble, its sanitary fittings are easy to maintain.
- Blichmann Engineering with sanitary tri-clamp fittings
- Includes a 1" bottom dump assembly complete with elbow, valve, barb fitting, cover plate, and all clamps and gaskets
- Racking arm is a ½” tri-clamp design, and also includes the barb fitting, cover and all clamps and gaskets.
- Features a relief port for adding hops, oak chips, etc. without removing entire lid
- Note: Fermenators cannot be retrofitted with tri-clamp fittings
Dimensional Shipping Weight applies - See our Shipping Information for details.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
If you fill this fermenter up all the way to the top so there's no room left in there, it holds roughly 39 gallons. If you fill it up to the point where you can add nutrients (for mead), or there's some head space for a krausen, it's 35 gallons. The thing itself is decent enough, the fittings are fine, the quality is fine, but if you're expecting to make 42 gallons of anything, you're not going to.
Yes its expensive, but I think it's worth it. Its well built, thick solid stainless steel all around. It was easy to put together, everything fits nicely. The sanitary fittings are great and easy to maintain. No need to transfer to another container. I can brew 35 gallon batches with my 55 gallon boilermaker and ferment them in this. Its a complete unit.