Buy full grains and enjoy grinding them up just before the mash with this high-quality grain mill that does the job right. A must for the serious homebrewer, this grain mill is precision-machined with durable parts to last a lifetime. If you plan on brewing 10-gallon batches, this 15-lb. hopper is right for you and worth the investment.
- Adjustable rollers on both ends keep gap spacing parallel for a uniform crush along the full length of rollers
- Rollers feature 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through, leaving the hull intact to form a quality filter bed for sparing
- 1018 cold-rolled steel rollers, 6061 aluminum mill body and hopper, tool steel axles with oil-impregnated bronze bushings
- Using a 3/8 drill-motor at 500 RPM gives you a crush rate of 6 pounds a minute making the big grain bills fast and easy
- Includes a solid base with locators for centering on a 5-gallon plastic pail
- Gap default setting is marked and set at .039 during assembly
- Adjustment range is from .015 to .070 thousands of an inch
- Shipped fully assembled
- Lifetime warranty
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love the Barley Crusher. Works great with hand crank or drill. I wish I had purchased this years ago. I am now able to buy bulk grains and crush them as I need.
I have been all-grain brewing for years. Purchased my barley crusher in 2010, and I only recently started having very minor issues, all stemming from the fact that I suck at maintaining equipment. I brew two to five 6 gallon batches per week, and never once oiled or cleaned the bushings ... Two months ago, it failed during grind. Took it apart, cleaned and oiled bushings, has worked amazingly well ever since. Best money I've ever spent. ;-)
Strong mill with a big hopper - I fill it up, grind away, and get a good crush and high efficiency.
I use a drill and can grind up 12 pounds in a few minutes. It takes longer to measure everything than it does to grind it. I like having it since it gives me freedom to add anything I like.
My girlfriend bought this for me as a Christmas gift, and it works great! The preset gap gives a perfect crush every time, and the mill unit is very solid. I would definitely recommend mounting this unit on a counter top, as trying to hold it on a bucket while hand-cranking is a pretty big hassle.