While this unit is designed to seamlessly work with the Blichmann 55 Gallon BoilerMaker™ Kettle with two BoilCoils™ it can also be used with other boil kettles or hot liquor tanks containing two elements. Electric elements are not recommended for mash tuns.
When used as the heating source for a hot liquor tank, the Dual Element Controller will maintain your programmed temperature to within +/- .5°F. To ensure a high level of accuracy this unit uses a Class A precision Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) and metering circuit typical of PIDs and PLCs. This level of precision is so accurate it can be used to calibrate other instruments but most importantly, it ensures repeatability and consistency from batch to batch.
The Dual Element Control module provides fast and automatic ramp times, easy maintenance and prevision control. Purchase a communication cable and install the free Blichmann TOP-Link software to easily program mash profiles and monitor and log data on your PC. This is the same kind of automation you'll find in a professional brewery.
- Class A precision Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) temperature sensor. The included adapter bushing allows for the installation of the RTD into the BrewMometer™ hole of an HLT or any 1/2" NPT fitting
- Digital Power control to meter the intensity of the heating element from 0-100% power. The power control allows you to dial in the exact boil-off rate for precision control of your boil volumes
- Data port for remote monitoring and mash programming on your PC (Optional communication cable required)
- Decal for MASH and HLT
- Compact enclosure (8.25"W, 7"H, 9"D) easily integrates into your brew system with #10-24 threaded mounting holes
- Brushed stainless cover, gloss black powder-coated case
- 2 12' UL approved 10GA power cables with NEMA L6-30P receptacles
Due to Extended Supplier delays on certain products. Please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery, as this product ships directly from the manufacturer. BLICHMANN ENGINEERING & ANVIL BREWING ARE EXPERIENCING EXTENDED SUPPLIER DELAYS ON CERTAIN PRODUCTS. Express shipping options not available.