Floor Malted Pale Steeped in Tradition.
Leopold Bros. uses higher and more sustained temperatures during curing, lifting the color of this Pale Malt and releasing richer malt notes, as well as true palate fullness.
When enzyme formation is set aside as the main goal of the malting process, it opens up opportunities for more flavorful and aromatic base malts. Leopold Bros. uses higher and more sustained temperatures during the curing process, lifting the color, releasing richer malt notes, and building a true palate fullness. Cooler traditional floor germination temperatures allow for the complete beta-glucan reduction needed for top performance in the lauter tun. The lower diastatic power that results from these higher curing temperatures will give the brewer more control in the mash tun. This opens the door for higher, yet shelf-stable gravities needed for an array of beer styles.
Features & Benefits:
- Flavors: Honey, Biscuit, Rich Malt notes drifting into Vienna/Munich characters
- Traditional Floor Malted Style
- Lower diastatic power leads to better step mashing control
- Up to 100% dependent upon beer style
- Malt forward styles; British Beers, Barleywines, Scottish Beers
- Bourbon, Rye Whiskey, Whiskey/Whisky
C079I - Crushed
|Soluble Total Protien||
Up to 100%
|Grain Type||Domestic Base Malt|
|Malt Color||Light (0-15° L)|