HS-1228 is a hop blend from the BSG Hop Solutions program, available exclusively from Brewers Supply Group. Its sensory profile is a mix of tropical fruit and classic West Coast hop character.
HS-1228 is designed as a late kettle or dry hop for classic West Coast-inspired IPAs showcasing notes of tropical fruit, citrus, and pine. Its strong tropical fruit expression also makes it well-suited to hazy or juicy IPA, as well as other hop-forward styles.
- Flavor Profile: Pronounced tropical fruit (mango, pineapple) with citrus and pine
- Beer Style Recommendations: IPAs, Pale Ales, NEIPA, hazy or juicy IPA,dry-hopped Pale Lagers
- Usage: Aroma/Flavor, Whirlpool/DryHop
HS-1228 Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acid: 9.0-12.0%
- Beta Acid: 3.5-5.5%
- Co-Humulone as % of Alpha: 28-32%
- Total Oil mL/100 g: 1.5-2.5
- Myrcene: 55.0 -65.0%
- Caryophyllene: 5.0 - 9.0%
- Farnesene: 12.0 -20.0%
- Geraniol: 1.0 - 3.0%
- Linalool: 0.5 - 2.0%
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
HP168 - 1 oz.
|Hops Format||Pellet Hops|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Flavor Descriptors||Pineapple, Mango, Pine|
|Alpha Acid||High (10+%)|
About BSG Hop Solutions:
BSG Hop Solutions is a joint effort between the brewers, hop specialists, and brewing scientists on staff at BSG, BSG Hops, and the Rahr Technical Center. Launched in 2019, this new product portfolio will be an incubator for innovation in hops and hop products.