Ideal for brewing traditional Kölsch-style beers and other neutral ales.
LalBrew® Köln is ideal for brewing traditional Kölsch-style beers and other neutral ales. The neutral character of this strain accentuates delicate hop aromas while imparting subtle fruity esters. Through expression of a beta-glucosidase enzyme LalBrew® Köln can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma. Colder fermentations will be more neutral in character, while warmer fermentations will have more fruit-forward ester profile.
- Beer Styles: Kölsch-style, neutral ale, German ales
- Aroma: Slightly fruity, more neutral with colder fermentations
- Fermentation Temperature Range: 54 - 72°F
- Optimum Temp: 58-66° F
- Attenuation: Medium - High
- Flocculation: Medium - High
- Alcohol Tolerance: 9% ABV
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|