Growing your own Sterling hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew.
Sterling is a dual purpose hybrid of Saaz. Sort of an 'American Pale Ale meets Bohemian Pilsner. It is similar to Saaz with a choice delicate bitterness and slightly spicy, herbal/floral aroma with hints of citrus. 6.0 - 8.0% AA. Grows well in all climates and has good resistance to mildew.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.