DetailsThe Grainfather is an all-in-one fully electric, self-contained all-grain system that allows you to mash, sparge, boil and cool.
The Grainfather is designed to declutter your brew cave and put everything you need in one compact package. No need to take your craft outside, with this fully electric system you are safe to brew indoors! The Grainfather system is the perfect brewing companion for both new and experienced All-Grain brewers looking to streamline the brew day experience.
Manufacturer's Instructional Booklet
The Grainfather features:
- 304 grade stainless steel superior body, with 8 US Gal (30 L) capacity
- Expandable grain basket to suit grain bills up to 19.8 lbs (9kg)
- A robust magnetic drive pump (6 watt, 1800 RPM) and wort recirculation pipe with insulated handle, ensuring consistent temperatures throughout the mash and maximising efficiencies
- Pump filter to keep hops and stray grain in the boiler, and your wort clear and bright
- Counterflow Wort Chiller with copper inner coil, cooling your wort to <68°F within 20mins
- Toughened plastic control box and display screen, giving you total temperature and pump control. Dial in the exact temperature for your mash, allowing both step mashing and single temperature mashing with very fast ramp up between steps
- Dual heating element (1600 watt and 600 watt elements) allowing you to switch between heating quickly to a vigorous boil and maintaining a stable temperature
- Tempered glass lid for maximum durability, heating efficiencies and visibility during your brewday
- Top and bottom mesh screens for your grain basket, allowing even distribution of your sparge water and ensuring no grain enters the boiler
- Dimensions: 29" H x 19.1" L x 17.2" W
Still have questions? Get brewing support from our Brewmasters.
- Details & Instructions
5.0 / 5.02 Reviewssolid systemcompact efficient system. a great way to all grain, lightweight and less equipment spacehave been able to use inside, on my deck and in the garage. moving system around very easythe electric heating element does add some time in heating up for mash and boilThe wort chiller/cooling system balances out the overall time for brewing.the sparging is simple and very efficient good temperature control, negligible temperature variation for your mashthe use of a hop spider will keeps sediment down, after 15 batches and no clogging of system. clean up is not to bad overall it was well worth the purchaseSeptember 13, 2016One of my best purchasesThis is one of the best brewing purchases I've made. While I've limited myself to (a max of) 5 gallon batches, this has significantly streamlined my brew day! My brewing efficiency has increased, cleaning is easy, and I no longer need to worry about maintaining temperatures.August 16, 2016
- Customer Q&A
Browse 5 questions Browse 5 questions and 5 answersI can provide a 220v circuit and receptacle. Can I buy an European version and use it with this circuit?BEST ANSWER: Hello Kolin,
Thank you for choosing Midwest Supplies! We do not provide the UK version, so it would probably have to be special ordered direct from grainfather.com I do not believe you can run the UK Grainfather on an American Circuit. We run a frequency of 60 hertz, where as Europe runs 50 hertz if I remember correctly. This would increase the speed of the motor, and could cause other issues. For a more definitive answer I would ask Grain Father direct. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org I hope that this helps!!I'd like to brew in my garage. How cold can the outside temp be for this to still reach a rolling boil?BEST ANSWER: While the exact conditions will vary, cooler temperatures will challenge the ability of the Grainfather to maintain temperature. If you're working in temperatures cooler than 40 deg F, you may want to consider insulating your Grainfather. This can be done with the Graincoat or with a customized piece of reflective insulation.Is there a 220 volt version for use within the USA?BEST ANSWER: Hi John,
We do not carry the 220 Volt version though it may be available through a different supplier in the US. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Cheers!How long does it take to bring 8 gallons of water at room temperature to 180F?BEST ANSWER: It will take about an hour and a half. The US version of The Grainfather's got a 1600w heating element due to compliance requirements with America's 120v standard electrical system, so European models do heat quite a bit faster.During the boil, is there a lid covering the top?BEST ANSWER: We do not recommend covering a kettle during boil since this can result in the accumulation of undesirable volatile compounds in your wort.