No-Bake Take-the-Cannoli Cake
Prep: 30 min
Chill: 5-7 hours
Yield: 12 Servings
"Leave the gun.Take the cannoli.” Some of the best movie dialogue is not scripted, but improvised, like these immortal words from The Godfather. This cake is an easy, improv version of the classic Italian dessert...made even better with fresh cheese from your kitchen. Perfect for when you need to make a quick getaway.
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- 16 oz ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 ¼cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped cream, divided
- 14.4 oz. box graham crackers
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Beat cheeses, powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract until well combined. Gently fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Add a single layer of graham crackers to the bottom of a 9x13 pan, breaking them up to fill in any gaps.
- Top half of the mascarpone mixture and spread evenly. Repeat, then add a third layer of graham crackers and top with remaining whipped cream and spread into an even, thin layer.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top of the cake, then refrigerate 5-7 hours, or overnight. Dust with powdered sugar, then serve.
About the ChefLarry Janke
I am a firm believer that cheese makes everything better. And when you can make and use fresh cheeses in your favorite recipes...Well, life just doesn’t get much better than that. Except maybe if you’re eating homemade cheese while drinking your own homebrew. That would certainly qualify. I started out homebrewing years & years ago. And since then, I’ve become an avid cheesemaker, and winemaker, too. Sharing some of my favorite recipes is my way of converting new makers to the cause!