Using a carbonation stone will cut down the time needed to carbonate the beer to about 1/2 hour.
- The beer needs to be cold, between 34 and 40 °F.
- Attach the stone so that it is at or near the bottom of the keg.
- Start with no pressure on the regulator and increase to 1-2 psi and let sit for about 4-5 minutes. You should hear the bubbles in the keg.
- Repeat the pressure increase in 1-2 psi increments waiting 4-5 minutes between increases until you are about 14-16 psi.
- Try a sample glass. If this is the desired carbonation level, you can either remove or leave in the stone and back pressure down to serving psi. If not, keep increasing the psi in 1-2 psi increments till you get your desired level.