Prep: 15 min
Bake: 30 min
Yield: 9 servings
If Yetis have a weakness for salty and sweet combos, they’d be powerless to resist these coffee-laced brownies…I assume. Can’t seem to keep them around long enough to test the theory. Bake at your own risk. These things have been known to cause stampedes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Peace Coffee Yeti blend cold brew coffee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup Nutella
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing extra to overlap the sides.
- Microwave the butter and unsweetened chocolate together at half power in 1 minute increments, stirring until smooth and combined.
- While chocolate cools, sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and coffee together, then add the cooled chocolate mixture. In small batches, add the flour mixture and sugar; stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Swirl the Nutella into the brownies and bake for around 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven when they still look a little undercooked, then top with coarse sea salt.
About the ChefSabastian Desotelle
True confession: I don’t have a daily coffee habit…For me, coffee – and especially really great coffee – is made to be savored. So I always look for ways to highlight the sweet, roasty notes of coffee in my homebrew and on my table.