The Grainfather G30 220v, is your all in one brewing system, to make beer from grain. The sleek look, user-friendly, intuitive design, and innovative features, make this your perfect brewing companion for both experienced and beginner all grain brewers. It is made from high-quality 304-grade stainless steel with an 8 US Gal capacity, designed to make up to 6 US Gal of beer from one brew. The Grainfather Connect includes The Grainfather unit and Counter Flow Wort Chiller.
The Grainfather is electrically powered and designed to be used indoors. No need for burners, or hot plates, just plug in and go! It is fitted with a controlled heating element so that the correct power can be used depending on what stage of the brewing process you are at. A gentler heat is used at certain stages for accurate temperature control and to minimize the risk of scorching and after the mash, it can also ramp up the heat quickly for when more vigorous heating is required. Heating from mash to boil takes as little as 20 minutes.
Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery, as The Grainfather will ship directly from the manufacturer via FedEx Ground.
Control box for heat and power control features:
Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App and Grainfather Brewing Community for the ultimate brewing experience. Create your recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then sync these recipes with the Connect app. The control box has a Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely. This allows you to multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return to your next step.
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a TRIAC for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Waterproof graphic display
- Use in manual mode or with app
Grainfather Connect App for Automation Features:
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in the app
- Ability to import recipes (Beer XML files) - NOTE: iOS9 and higher
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in-app
- Create recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then sync these with the Connect App to brew
Note: Required Specifications for the App are:
- Hardware: iPhone 4S or higher
- Software: iOS8 or higher. Must have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Hardware: Android 4.3 (API Level 18) or higher
- Software: Must have Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)/Bluetooth Smart
PLEASE NOTE: All Grainfathers contain a yellow packaging strip in the boiler. This should be discarded before you begin brewing.
Don't have 220v and looking for the original Grainfather Connect G30 120v?
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
|Support Documents - Instructions||Click here for instructions|
- Power Requirements:220-240 V
- Power Supply Outlet Requirements:NEMA 6-15R or NEMA6-20R compatible
- 304 Grade stainless steel body
- Power Requirements: 220-240 V
- Power Supply Outlet Requirements: NEMA 6-15R or NEMA6-20R compatible
- Heating Element: 2000 W
- 8 US Gal Capacity
- Expandable grain basket to suit grain bills up to 20 lb
- A robust magnetic drive pump (6 watt, 1800 RPM)
- Counter flow wort chiller which can cool wort to less than 68°F within approx 20-30 minutes.
- Tempered glass lid for maximum durability, heating efficiencies and visibility during your brew day.
- Clips to easily convert your Grainfather into a home distillery with the Pot Still Attachments.
A 6 Watt, 1,800 RPM magnetic powered pump has been fitted to recirculate the wort through the grain bed for maximum brewing efficiencies. This is also used during the cooling stage to pump hot wort through the wort chiller. The pump also makes the cleaning process quick and easy by pumping the cleaning detergent through all the pipework. The magnetic drive pump has been selected after rigorous testing of multiple pump styles to ensure it meets the tough demands required of continuous brewing. The pump is concealed by a stainless pump cover, which is easy to pop open, giving you direct access. A pump filter is fitted inside the Grainfather to prevent hops and stray grain from entering the pump or pipework, keeping the wort clear while also preventing any blockages.
Counter Flow Wort Chiller Features:
A counterflow wort chiller has two connection points. One side is connected to the Grainfather, while the other is connected to the cold tap water. The hot wort is then pumped through the copper inner coil while the cold water is pumped through the outer in the opposite direction, providing instant cooling and heat exchange. The cooled wort can then be pumped directly into your clean, sterile fermenter. This reduces the chance of contamination as nothing is inserted in the wort, and it is only passing through the wort chiller one single time, going straight to the sterile fermenter where the yeast is added. 6 US Gal of wort can be cooled in as little as 20 minutes. The cooled wort temperature will be cooled to approximately 41°F above whatever your tap water temperature is.
Grain Basket Features:
A stainless steel expandable grain basket allows you to brew with anything from 9.9 lb - 20 lb of grain. The fitted perforated plates and telescopic pipework allow you to easily adjust the size of the grain basket to suit the size of grain bill. Fit the Micro Pipework (sold separately) for grain bills below 2.6 US Gal. When ready for sparging, a basket lifting handle is then inserted into the grain basket to lift it up, out of the wort. A 45-degree turn then allows the grain basket’s feet to rest on the specially designed support ring to allow the grain basket to drain while you can batch sparge over the top. A Sparge Water Heater such as the Gigawort can be purchased additionally to heat your water to the specific temperature required.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The Grainfather made my first time brewing easy. The Grainfather app has step-by-step instructions to walk you through brew day. I never had brewed beer before getting the Grainfather. After using the Grainfather, I can say that anyone who can read and follow recipe directions can brew beer using this system. Instead of piecing together a brewing setup just buy this if you're starting out.
Arrive sooner than expected it works great would highly recommend the Grainfather to anyone!