- Pure pitchable yeast for brewing
- 100 billion yeast cells
- For use with 5-gallon wort
- Crisp flavor with low fruitness and mild ester production
- Slightly citrus like with cool (60-66F, 15-19C) fermentation temperatures
- Flocculation improves with dark malts in grain bill
- Normally requires filtration for bright beers
- DE or pad filtration recommended
Styles: Amber, Brown, APA, IPA, IIPA, Barleywine, RIS
Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze.
|Yeast Style||American Ale|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love this all purpose style of ale yeast. Made a starter with I’t and it’s still fermenting ( albeit slowly now) after a week.
Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast
The yeasty-beasties did their job well. I turned them into a 2L slurry with some sugar, maybe they did a little TOO well as I think I overflowed almost ½ a liter with the blow-out!
Activated quickly and easy to pitch
First time I used Wyeast of any kind. Didn’t follow directions 100% but still this yeast took off like a rocket. Quickly began fermenting I a couple of hours. Very aggressive during fermentation. Could really see why wort almost boil. In keg now.