This stainless steel carb cap features pop bottle threads allowing to force carbonate in PET bottles. The ball lock fitting is compatible with both gas and liquid ball lock disconnects. This carbonation cap will help carbonate your favorite beverages quickly and inexpensively. Fill up a PET bottle with your chilled wine, beer, cider, seltzer, mead, or anything you would like carbonated.
These stainless steel carbonation caps also work great for draft line cleaning. The inner bard attaches to 3/16" or 1/4" ID tubing. No pump? No problem, simply fill a PET bottle with your preferred cleaner, attach the cap, connect the beverage line and squeeze the bottle to push the cleaner through the lines and out the faucet. Don't forget to place an old fermentor bucket below the faucet for the cleaner to drain into.
- Fill PET bottle with beverage, leaving 2" headspace.
- Attach carb cap loose and squeeze bottle till liquid reaches the top, then tighten.
- Inject CO2, disconnect CO2, shake vigorously.
- Repeat step 3 until PET bottle remains hard.
- Refrigerate for a few hours - repeat step 3 if carbonation is low still.
- Stainless Steel
- Liquid and Gas Ball Lock Compatible
- Barbed fitting inside
- Chill liquid ahead of time - CO2 requires liquids to be refrigerator cold for carbonation.
- Do not use more than 30psi when injecting.
- Do not use with old worn out bottles - always check the conditions before use.
- Always use safety goggles.
- Remove carb cap slowly, built-up pressure could.