THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR BALANCED CIDERS
Fermentis SafCider™ AB-1, formerly known as SafCider, selected from the Champagne region, can be used for all types of sweet and dry ciders from fresh or concentrated apple juices. In French cider recipe trail, AB-1 displayed a delicate aromatic profile combining fresh apple and elaborated fruit applesauce notes with a balanced mouthfeel. This cider yeast works at a wide temperature range between 10-30°C (50-86°F) with ideal temperatures between 18-24°C (64-75°F). Works at low pH from 3.3. Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen. Very good assimilation of fructose. Highly flocculant.
The best cider yeast for balanced ciders, combining delicate fresh apple and apple sauce notes. Fast and clean fermenter able to lower acidity.
SafCider™ AB-1 Characteristics:
- Temp Range: 50-86°F
- Taxonomy: Saccharomyces bayanus
- Aromas: Fresh apples, low banana pear, low fruit compote
- Mouthfeel: Balanced, low sweetness, medium crispness
- Malic Acid Consumption: High - up to 1.5 g/L
- Max initial SO2: 125 mg/L
- Killer Factor: Sensitive
SafCider™ AB-1 can be directly pitched without rehydration. If you prefer to rehydrate, the instructions are below.
SafCider™ AB-1 Rehydration Procedure:
- Using a sanitized container collect a small amount of 95-105°F sterile water equal to 10 times the weight of the yeast. 10ml/g of yeast.
- Optional: Add Go-Ferm Rehydration Nutrients. Rehydration with Go-Ferm is effective for helping the yeast survive the fermentation.
- Sprinkle yeast on water and let sit for 15mins . Do not stir.
- After 15 mins stir to form "cream" and to must/cider.
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||
TAKE IT EASY, TAKE E2U™
Till now, in the beer world, you had to take great care of yeasts prior to pitching. You had to rehydrate and acclimatize them while watching water and must temperature carefully.
With E2U™ active dry yeasts, you can pitch directly or rehydrate; depending on your equipment, habits, and feelings. Fermentis offers you the opportunity to make your life easier and eventually contribute to sustainability by saving water and energy. Any process you choose, we will be happy to ensure you the highest standards of quality, productivity, and security.
SAVE TIME. GET COMFORT. ACT GREEN.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Great cider yeast with no off flavors. I use this instead of the yeast that comes with the kits as some tend to give off a sulphur note.
It works very well.
The product I ordered arrived early and in perfect condition. The Yeast I ordered was exactly what I ordered and needed. And most of all the price was very good.
Thank you Midwest supply keep up the outstanding service and quality of your products. Sincerely Mr Ronald J McVay
SafCider Dry Yeast (5g)
SafCider Dry Yeast (5g)
Great product. Easy to use