Our favorite sanitizer! Star San is an acid-based no-rinse sanitizer that is effective and easy to use.
- Made from food-grade phosphoric acid, safe for people and the environment.
- Star San is self-foaming, which helps it to penetrate cracks and crevices.
- Odorless and flavorless, no need to worry about tainting your beer or wine.
- Does not require rinsing when used at the recommended dilution.
- Use only 1 oz Star San per 5 gallons of water and just 1 to 2 minutes of contact time.
- Used as a soaking solution, it can also be applied by hand (wear gloves) or with a spray bottle.
- Reusable: a solution of Star San will remain effective for up to three to four weeks in a sealed container; it is effective as long as the pH is 3 or lower.
7930 - 8 oz
Star San is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum. Star San is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and will not harm septic systems.
Please note, we cannot ship this product by air.
This was my first time using Star San, which I purchased for sanitizing equipment for wine and cider. The product comes in a container that makes it simple to measure out the correct amount for five gallons. I have also started using this in a spray bottle for wiping down appliances and counters in the kitchen. It has no noticeable odor and is pleasant to use.
The results speak for them self. I have brewed and bottled a few beers. I have fermented and bottled a few wines. All using this product for sanitation. There has been no issues related to the sanitation of the equipment. Very happy and will continue using this product.
Love the simplicity of use....
Star San by Five Star
We always get our wine-making yeast (and all our other wine-making supplies) from Midwest Supplies, as everything we have bought for them- starting with a Wine Making Kit- has been great, arrives fast, and works well! We recommend them to everyone we know!