- Made from food-grade phosphoric acid, safe for people and the environment.
- Star San is self-foaming, which helps it to penetrate cracks and crevices.
- Odorless and flavorless, no need to worry about tainting your beer or wine.
- Does not require rinsing when used at the recommended dilution.
- Use only 1 oz Star San per 5 gallons of water and just 1 to 2 minutes of contact time.
- Used as a soaking solution, it can also be applied by hand (wear gloves) or with a spray bottle.
- Reusable: a solution of Star San will remain effective for up to three to four weeks in a sealed container; it is effective as long as the pH is 3 or lower.
7930 - 8 oz
Star San is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum. Star San is environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and will not harm septic systems.
Please note, we cannot ship this product by air.NOTE: Star San is NOT an affect sanitizer for COVID-19. Please refer to the EPA's website for a complete list of products that meet EPA's criteria for use against COVID-19.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This stuff will last a long time if stored properly, and it is super economical. Must have for anyone getting into home brewing!
Seems to work well.
I gave this review 4 stars because my wife drinks all of the beer I make and I end up disappointed with only a few beers. Has nothing to do with Star san other than maybe it works too good...?
This is the gold standard for sanitization. I use it every time I brew and have never had any issues with contamination.