WildBrew™ Philly Sour is a unique species of Lachancea selected from nature by the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Philly Sour produces moderate amounts of lactic acid in addition to ethanol in one simple fermentation step. This first yeast in the WildBrew™ series is a great choice for innovative, sessionable sour beers with refreshing acidity and notes of stone fruit. With high attenuation, high flocculation, and good head retention, WildBrew™ Philly Sour is an ideal yeast for traditional styles such as Berliner Weiss, Gose, American Lambic Style, American Wild Ales and its resistance to hops make it perfect for Sour IPA’s.
WildBrew™ Philly Sour is a pure strain of active dried yeast classified as Lachancea spp.
- Aroma: Sour, red apple, stone fruit, peach
- Temp Range: 68°F - 77°F (20°C - 25°C)
- pH Range: 3.2 - 3.5
- Attenuation: High
- Flocculation: High
- Alcohol Tolerance: 9% ABV
In Lallemand’s Standard Wort conditions, WildBrew™ Philly Sour yeast exhibits:
- The fermentation can be completed in 10 days.
- Typical pH of 3.2-3.5, higher lactic acid levels will be achieved in worts that are higher in glucose.
- Aroma and flavor are sour, red apple, and stone fruit, notably peach.
Fermentation rate, fermentation time, and pH drop are dependent on inoculation density, bacteria handling, fermentation temperature, and nutritional quality of the wort.
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
|Min Fermenting Temp||
|Max Fermenting Temp||