Note: This add-on kit needs to be used in conjunction with a 6 gallon winemaking kit. It is not intended to be used without the 6 gallon winemaking kit. This kit includes all of the additional additives you need to make three 5-gallon batches of fruit wine. The Fresh Harvest® 5 Gallon Fruit Winemaking Upgrade Includes:
- 3 packs of Montrachet dry yeast (additional yeast is required for additional batches)
- Winemaking Handbook (may vary from pictured)
- 1 5-Gallon Glass Carboy
- 1 Universal Stopper
- 1 S-Bubble Airlock
- 1 Jumbo Coarse Nylon Straining bag
- 1 oz. Potassium Sorbate Stabilizer
- 2 oz. Oxygen Wash
- 50 Campden tablets (KMS)
- 1 oz. Pectic enzyme
- 1 Ib. Acid blend
- 1 oz. Grape tannin
- 8 oz. Yeast nutrient. Note: Other items needed to make 5 gallons of wine: 6 gallon wine equipment kit, fruit, corks, and bottles. An additional 5 gallon carboy is recommended, but not necessary. Note: No substitutions allowed. Dimensional Shipping Weight applies
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This kit had what I needed to begin making fruit wine. In addition to the carboy it's got the various acids and chemicals. All that's needed is a kit or concentrates.
I always wanted to make fruit wine and when I saw this kit it gave me an excuse. The kit had all i needed, and I already had some extra small carboys for small experimental batches. You don't have to have them, but if you want to experiment a 3 gallon and three 1 gallon jugs would be useful._x000D_
If you want to make fruit wines this add on has what you need. It saves you money and is good equipment. I'd say buy a book on fruit wines and you are ready to go.
I've gotten a lot of use out of this kit. I never saw the point of making a 1 gallon batch of wine. With all the work, why get so little? Spend a little more and make a full batch. You get a lot in this kit, and all you need to start making full batch fruit wines. I'd say skip the 1 gallon or 3 gallon kits and buy this.
I read a book on fruit wine making and realized I needed all these extras so I bought this kit. The price is excellent, and it;s got all I need. I already had the carboys so I am making my first fruit wine as I write this._x000D_