In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Crowler With Us
- Everyday During Business Hours, Call to Reserve your Time Slot!
- Dream it. Brew it. CAN IT!
Ever dream of canning your Homebrew? Now you can Can! Call us at 952-562-5300 ext 1060 to reserve a time slot. Bring in a cooled keg into the store and a trained associate will have your beer canned up and ready to go in no time flat. Give us call!
Intro To Brewing
- Sunday, September 17, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/17
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
- Saturday, September 23, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/23
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Intro To Winemaking
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/24
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
Advanced Winemaking: Finishing and Customizing Wines
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/16
- Wine kits and pails are designed to please the masses but learn how to customize wines to fit your specific taste with Larry, our award winning wine expert. He will walk you through finishing steps that make a world of difference and discuss how the various oak, tannin and yeast strains change your finished product.
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/30
- In this class, we’ll teach everything you need to know about how to turn your favorite juice into hard cider!
Apple Crushing & Pressing
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/16
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/30
- Learn to turn apples into apple wine or hard cider. There will be demonstrations of crushing and pressing apples as well as answers to questions about cider and wine. You can bring up to 3 bushels of your own apples and practice crushing them. Don't forget to bring a bucket or gallon jug to collect the juice to bring home, otherwise we have plenty in stock for purchase.
FREE Adminssion, but make sure to reserve a 30 min time slot to crush your apples.
Pro tip: Great, sweet eating apples like Honeycrisp actually make very bland cider. To offer a more robust apple flavor, use sharper varieties like Haralson or throw in a small amount of crab apples.
Iron Brewer Tastings
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/30
- We will have the keezer pouring beer tastings all day from our Iron Brewer competition and you, the customer, get to crown the champion. Stop in for some beer tastings and pick the winner!