In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Crowler With Us
- Everyday During Business Hours, Call to Reserve your Time Slot!
- Dream it. Brew it. CAN IT!
Ever dream of canning your Homebrew? Now you can Can! Call us at 952-562-5300 ext 1060 to reserve a time slot. Bring in a cooled keg into the store and a trained associate will have your beer canned up and ready to go in no time flat. Give us call!
Intro To Brewing
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 11/04
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
- Saturday, October 28, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/28
- Sunday, November 26, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 11/26
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Brewing In A Hurry
- Saturday, November 11, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 11/11
- Have a beer ready by Thanksgiving! In this class we will teach you advanced techniques and tips to bring your creation from kettle to pint glass as fast as possible. The beer we brew together will be on tap and ready for you to come back and taste in 6 days!
Intro To Winemaking
- Sunday, November 5, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 11/05
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/21
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 11/18
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheeses for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
- Sunday, October 29, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/29
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 11/19
- Tired of bottling your beer? Stop in for the Intro to Kegging class to learn the basics of kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine! You may want to hang out for the follow up class of "Building a Keezer (or keggerator)". This step in the brewing process will take your brewing to a whole new level!
- Sunday, October 22, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/22
- Sunday, November 12, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 11/12
- We are going to go through the buch kit and walk through the basics of making the buch. We can touch on health trends and natural probiotics or just looking for a naturally fermented non-alcoholic beverage to delve into. Let me know if you are struck by any creativity on this one.
Ciderpalooza | Fresh Cider Juice
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/21
- We've teamed up with Minnetonka Orchards to bring you the freshest cider you can get! Perfect for hot cider, hard cider, or apple wine.
Join us October 21th from 10:00 am until the last drop is poured. Cider will be sold on a first come, first served basis. A reservation for this event does not reserve cider. We suggest arriving earlier in the day.
We will have cider experts on hand to answer any questions you have about the process, best practices, and variations. Never made cider? We have everything you need to make superb hard cider you'll be proud to share.
In Store Tastings
- Saturday November 25, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m. Sign up for 11/25
- After a full filled day of turkey and the craziness of Black Friday, wine, cider, beer, cheese and cold press coffee on nitro are the perfect paring for a holiday weekend. No registration required. We will be offering tastings and going over flavor profiles and pairings throughout the day. Feel free to bring your own creation to share! Cheers!