In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Intro To Brewing
- Sunday, December 3, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/03
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
- Sunday, November 26, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 11/26
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Intro To Winemaking
- Saturday, December 2, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 12/02
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is.
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 11/18
- Saturday, December 09, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 12/09
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd and separating curds and whey. We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheese samples for you to try. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
- Sunday, November 19, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 11/19
- Saturday, December 30, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 12/30
- Tired of bottling your beer? Stop in for the Intro to Kegging class to learn the basics of kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine! You may want to hang out for the follow up class of "Building a Keezer (or keggerator)". This step in the brewing process will take your brewing to a whole new level!
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/10
- We are going to go through the buch kit and walk through the basics of making the buch. We can touch on health trends and natural probiotics or just looking for a naturally fermented non-alcoholic beverage to delve into. Let me know if you are struck by any creativity on this one.
Nog On Nitro
- Saturday, December 23, 2017 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/23
- Be the hit of your holiday party! Our experts will share tips and tricks on how easy it is to craft a delicious cocktail and put it on tap. Draft Craft Cocktails - the revolutionary way for everyone to get into the holiday spirit!