In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Intermediate Brewing: Transitioning to All-Grain
- Saturday Dec 15, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 12/15
- Sunday Jan 13, 2019 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/13
- Brew like a pro. Master the all grain techniques used in breweries all around the world. Our All-Grain experts show you how to ditch the dread and teach you how to mash, lauter, sparge and create your own fermentable wort from grains. This is the class to build on your extract brewing skills, or learn from the ground up with practical tips and hands-on demos from the pros.
- Saturday, Dec 15, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/15
- Saturday, Jan 5, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 1/5
- Saturday, Jan 26, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 1/26
- Soak in the secrets to making wine using varietal concentrates from all over the world. Learn to craft excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. Our winemaking experts will walk you through the entire winemaking process; from selecting the right juice to bottling the finished product. Be prepared to impress your friends, expand your palate and uncork something special.
- Sunday Dec 16, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/16
- Learn to brew like a monk! These traditional beers have been passed from generation to generation and we will help you create these special brews at home. Dubbel down on the beers that are the perfect mix of science and art. Who knew history could taste so good?
- Saturday, Dec 22, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 12/22
- Saturday, Jan 26, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/26
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheeses for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
- Sunday, Dec 22, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/22
- Ready to discover what all the buzz is about? Join us in this hands-on Mead Making class as we dive head first into all the equipment, ingredients, and knowledge you need to create your first batch. Learn practical tricks and tips on mastering the art of fermenting honey with live demonstrations from the pros. And if you’re ready to start your brew of the bees, then join our mead magicians let the crafting begin!
- Sunday, Dec 23, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/23
- Saturday, Jan 5, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/5
- Tired of bottling beer? Ditch the bottles and switch to kegging! In this intro-level class, we’ll take the guesswork out of kegging and show you how to properly set up your draft systems, carbonate your beer, and share your brew-tastic creations. You’ll never have to wait 2-4 weeks to enjoy your homebrew again. Best of all, get 10% off the purchase of any keg system, and kiss bottling goodbye!
- Saturday, December 29, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/29
- Train your palette to detect the off-flavors in your beer. As beloved as beer may be, this beverage also has many opponents. Outside forces like oxygen, sunlight and time do their best to ruin your beer. But even the ingredients in your beer like malts, hops, water, and yeast that make your beer delicious can spoil your beer. Learn how you can prevent your beer from getting spoiled with eliminate these off-flavors. Our Brewmasters will teach you how to identify and control the flavors of your brew.
- Saturday, Dec 29, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 12/29
- Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 1/12
- Sunday, Jan 27, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/27
- Jump-start your homebrew adventure! Learn how to brew with our experienced brewmasters in a fun, hands-on setting. We’ll demonstrate how to brew a batch of beer with malt extract, so you can experience the process from start to finish. Learn practical tips and techniques for a successful brew day and get the expert low-down on siphoning and bottling your beer. You’ll also get 15% off any in-store purchase, to help with your very first brew day!
- Sunday, Dec 30, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 12/30
- Sunday, Jan 20, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/20
- Get ready to unlock the ancient secrets of one of the world's oldest (and tastiest) tea drinks! Whether you’re planning to harness the health benefits often attributed to Kombucha or are simply a fan of the tea itself, this free class will teach you everything you need to know to brew refreshing and delicious Kombucha. Along the way, we'll break down the process of fermentation and explore the natural probiotics and other health benefits that make Kombucha special. We'll even go over the different ways to flavor and personalize your Kombucha recipes!
- Sunday, Jan 6, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/6
- Ditch the propane and the garage, and come learn about the newest wave in homebrewing, Electric Brewing. Get hands on experience with our Brewmasters using the various options on the market, such as The Grainfather, the Gigawort, and the Blichmann BrewEasy.
- Saturday, January 12, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/12
- Learn the tricks to making great fruit wines from your backyard harvest. Our experts will walk you through all the steps to make a great batch of wine from fruit preparation through bottling. We'll answer your questions and help you get started on making great wines. You will have the opportunity to taste a few fruit wines.
- Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 1/19
- Learn the tips and tricks to blend your favorite varietals into something truly special. Our experts will teach you about your favorite wine blends like Bordeaux, Meritage, and Rhone blends. Then they will show you first hand how to create your own blends from your cellar at home.
- Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 1/19
- A little bit of this. A little bit of that...This class will compare continental ingredients common to regional beer styles and give you the tools you need to brew to a specific style or create your own altogether. We’ll talk malt, yeast, hops and the calculations necessary to make a beer that’s truly yours.