In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Visit our Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Wine from Fruit
- Saturday, July 20, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 7/20
- Sunday, August 18, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/18
- Make the most of your backyard harvest! Learn the tricks to making great fruit wines in this free class. Our experts will walk you through all the steps to make a great batch of homemade wine including fruit preparation, fermentation, bottling and everything in between.
- Sunday, July 21, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/21
- Tired of bottling beer? Ditch the bottles and switch to kegging! In this intro-level class, we’ll take the guesswork out of kegging and show you how to properly set up your draft systems, carbonate your beer, and share your brew-tastic creations. You’ll never have to wait 2-4 weeks to enjoy your homebrew again. Best of all, get 10% off the purchase of any keg system, and kiss bottling goodbye!
- Saturday, July 27 @1 1:00 a.m. Sign up for 7/27
- Learn the ins and outs of making sour beers at home in our free class. Our own sour expert will walk you through the process. There are many different ways to make a good sour at home and she will cover everything from kettle sours to barrel inoculation and adding fruit.
- Sunday, July 28, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/28
- Learn how to take the next step in home cheesemaking from our Cheesemaking experts. They'll demonstrate techniques in making hard cheeses such as cheddar, gouda and parmesan. Hard cheeses require some extra care including pressing, waxing and the the aging process. Our experts will guide you through them all. Bring your questions and Midwest will provide the answers and the cheese!
- Saturday, August 3, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/3
- Ever dreamed about making the world’s best Oktoberfest? Or perhaps an award-winning Czech Pilsner or Munich Helles? Then this is the class for you. Our knowledgeable brewmasters will guide you through every step of brewing a crisp, clean lager. We’ll show you how to master the toughest brewing challenge there is by demonstrating the lager brewing process and decoction. We’ll also share crucial techniques for managing the yeast health and cold fermentation to ensure your first brew is a success. Prost!
- Sunday, August 4, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/4
- Ready to discover what all the buzz is about? Join us in this hands-on Mead Making class as we dive head first into all the equipment, ingredients, and knowledge you need to create your first batch. Learn practical tricks and tips on mastering the art of fermenting honey with live demonstrations from the pros. And if you’re ready to start your brew of the bees, then join our mead magicians let the crafting begin!
- Saturday, August 10, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/10
- Get ready to unlock the ancient secrets of one of the world's oldest (and tastiest) tea drinks! Whether you’re planning to harness the health benefits often attributed to Kombucha or are simply a fan of the tea itself, this free class will teach you everything you need to know to brew refreshing and delicious Kombucha. Along the way, we'll break down the process of fermentation and explore the natural probiotics and other health benefits that make Kombucha special. We'll even go over the different ways to flavor and personalize your Kombucha recipes!
- Sunday August 11, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/11
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheeses for you to try. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
- Saturday, August 17, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/17
- Jump-start your homebrew adventure! Learn how to brew with our experienced brewmasters in a fun, hands-on setting. We’ll demonstrate how to brew a batch of beer with malt extract, so you can experience the process from start to finish. Learn practical tips and techniques for a successful brew day and get the expert low-down on siphoning and bottling your beer. You’ll also get 15% off any in-store purchase, to help with your very first brew day!
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/24
- Brew like a pro. Master the all grain techniques used in breweries all around the world. Our All-Grain experts show you how to ditch the dread and teach you how to mash, lauter, sparge and create your own fermentable wort from grains. This is the class to build on your extract brewing skills, or learn from the ground up with practical tips and hands-on demos from the pros.
- Sunday, August 25, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/25
- Train your palate to detect the off-flavors in your beer. As beloved as beer may be, this beverage also has many opponents. Outside forces like oxygen, sunlight and time do their best to ruin your beer. But even the ingredients in your beer like malts, hops, water, and yeast that make your beer delicious can spoil your beer. Learn how you can prevent your beer from getting spoiled with eliminate these off-flavors. Our Brewmasters will teach you how to identify and control the flavors of your brew.