In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Basic Beer Brewing: Your First Brew
- Sunday, Oct 28, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/28
- Jump-start your homebrew adventure! Learn how to brew with our experienced brewmasters in a fun, hands-on setting. We’ll demonstrate how to brew a batch of beer with malt extract, so you can experience the process from start to finish. Learn practical tips and techniques for a successful brew day and get the expert low-down on siphoning and bottling your beer. You’ll also get 15% off any in-store purchase, to help with your very first brew day! Course Includes: Beer basics: what makes up beer, beer terminology, brief history Brewing methods: how malt extract helps newer brewers Demonstration: brewing beer from an extract kit Guide to brewing ingredients and equipment 15% off in-store purchase
Intro to Winemaking
- Saturday, Oct 20, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/20
- Soak in the secrets to making wine using varietal concentrates from all over the world. Learn to craft excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. Our winemaking experts will walk you through the entire winemaking process; from selecting the right juice to bottling the finished product. Be prepared to impress your friends, expand your palate and uncork something special.
Wine from Fruit
- Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/21
- Make the most of your backyard harvest! Learn the tricks to making great fruit wines in this free class. Our experts will walk you through all the steps to make a great batch of homemade wine including fruit preparation, fermentation, bottling and everything in between.
Kegging 101: Kegging Basics
- Sun, Oct. 7, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/7
- Tired of bottling beer? Ditch the bottles and switch to kegging! In this intro-level class, we’ll take the guesswork out of kegging and show you how to properly set up your draft systems, carbonate your beer, and share your brew-tastic creations. You’ll never have to wait 2-4 weeks to enjoy your homebrew again. Best of all, get 10% off the purchase of any keg system, and kiss bottling goodbye!
Gardening Customer Appreciation Day
- Saturday, October 13, 2018 @ 10:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/13
- Get a head start on moving your plants indoors! We'll get you in the right direction to set your plants up for success! Join us for our annual Hydro Appreciation Event for a full day of fun, education, giveaways, raffles, and discounts store wide. There will be plenty of free food and drinks for all that attend.
Make Cider! Intro to Cider Making
- Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018 @ 3:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/13
- If you love craft cider, you’re going to love crafting it yourself! Let your palate be your guide as you mix and match a variety of flavors in this hands-on cider-making class. Oak, orange peel, cinnamon, grains of paradise… the sky’s the limit! Best of all, whatever genius concoction you make, you can take home with you at the end of class. We’ll supply all the gear and ingredients you need and help you customize the flavors and aromas of your very own cider. Be prepared to impress your friends, delight your palate, and discover how easy craft cidermaking can be.
Intermediate Brewing: Transitioning to All-Grain
- Sunday Oct. 14, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/14
- Brew like a pro. Master the all grain techniques used in breweries all around the world. Our All-Grain experts show you how to ditch the dread and teach you how to mash, lauter, sparge and create your own fermentable wort from grains. This is the class to build on your extract brewing skills, or learn from the ground up with practical tips and hands-on demos from the pros.
- Saturday, Oct 20, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/20
- Learn the ins and outs of making sour beers at home in our free class. Our own sour expert will walk you through the process. There are many different ways to make a good sour at home and she will cover everything from kettle sours to barrel inoculation and adding fruit.
- Saturday, Oct 27, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 10/27
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheeses for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
- Saturday, Oct 27, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 10/27
- Get ready to unlock the ancient secrets of one of the world's oldest (and tastiest) tea drinks! Whether you’re planning to harness the health benefits often attributed to Kombucha or are simply a fan of the tea itself, this free class will teach you everything you need to know to brew refreshing and delicious Kombucha. Along the way, we'll break down the process of fermentation and explore the natural probiotics and other health benefits that make Kombucha special. We'll even go over the different ways to flavor and personalize your Kombucha recipes!