In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Visit our Events Page to register and reserve your seat! All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Beginner Mead Making
- Saturday, May 18, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/18
- Sunday, June 23, 2019 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/23
- Ready to discover what all the buzz is about? Join us in this hands-on Mead Making class as we dive head first into all the equipment, ingredients, and knowledge you need to create your first batch. Learn practical tricks and tips on mastering the art of fermenting honey with live demonstrations from the pros. And if you’re ready to start your brew of the bees, then join our mead magicians let the crafting begin!
Intro to Kombucha
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/19
- Saturday, June 22, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 6/22
- Get ready to unlock the ancient secrets of one of the world's oldest (and tastiest) tea drinks! Whether you’re planning to harness the health benefits often attributed to Kombucha or are simply a fan of the tea itself, this free class will teach you everything you need to know to brew refreshing and delicious Kombucha. Along the way, we'll break down the process of fermentation and explore the natural probiotics and other health benefits that make Kombucha special. We'll even go over the different ways to flavor and personalize your Kombucha recipes!
Basic Beer Brewing: Your First Brew
- Saturday, May 25, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/25
- Saturday, June 15, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 6/15
- Jump-start your homebrew adventure! Learn how to brew with our experienced brewmasters in a fun, hands-on setting. We’ll demonstrate how to brew a batch of beer with malt extract, so you can experience the process from start to finish. Learn practical tips and techniques for a successful brew day and get the expert low-down on siphoning and bottling your beer. You’ll also get 15% off any in-store purchase, to help with your very first brew day!
Intermediate Brewing: Transitioning to All-Grain
- Sunday, May 26, 2019 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/26
- Brew like a pro. Master the all grain techniques used in breweries all around the world. Our All-Grain experts show you how to ditch the dread and teach you how to mash, lauter, sparge and create your own fermentable wort from grains. This is the class to build on your extract brewing skills, or learn from the ground up with practical tips and hands-on demos from the pros.
Intro to Cheesemaking
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 6/1
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheeses for you to try. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
- Sunday, June 2 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/2
- Learn the ins and outs of making sour beers at home in our free class. Our own sour expert will walk you through the process. There are many different ways to make a good sour at home and she will cover everything from kettle sours to barrel inoculation and adding fruit.
Beer Recipe Design
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 6/8
- A little bit of this. A little bit of that...This class will compare continental ingredients common to regional beer styles and give you the tools you need to brew to a specific style or create your own altogether. We’ll talk malt, yeast, hops and the calculations necessary to make a beer that’s truly yours.
Intro to Winemaking
- Sunday, June 9, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/9
- Soak in the secrets to making wine using varietal concentrates from all over the world. Learn to craft excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. Our winemaking experts will walk you through the entire winemaking process; from selecting the right juice to bottling the finished product. Be prepared to impress your friends, expand your palate and uncork something special.
Brew In A Bag
- Sunday, June 16, 2019 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/16
- Interested in all grain brewing, but don't have the room or are intimidated by the process? Looking to take the next step after extract brews? This class is for you! We will go over the basics of both partial mash brewing as well as Brew-in-a-bag techniques. We will be brewing a partial mash brew during this class. We will also cover the equipment and supplies needed to make your first batch a success!.
Advanced Cheesemaking: Hard Cheeses
- Saturday, June 29, 2019 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 6/29
- Learn how to take the next step in home cheesemaking from our Cheesemaking experts. They'll demonstrate techniques in making hard cheeses such as cheddar, gouda and parmesan. Hard cheeses require some extra care including pressing, waxing and the the aging process. Our experts will guide you through them all. Bring your questions and Midwest will provide the answers and the cheese!
Taste Beer Off Flavors: Train Your Palate
- Sunday, June 30, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/30
- Train your palate to detect the off-flavors in your beer. As beloved as beer may be, this beverage also has many opponents. Outside forces like oxygen, sunlight and time do their best to ruin your beer. But even the ingredients in your beer like malts, hops, water, and yeast that make your beer delicious can spoil your beer. Learn how you can prevent your beer from getting spoiled with eliminate these off-flavors. Our Brewmasters will teach you how to identify and control the flavors of your brew.