Current In-Store Promotions
Domestic Base Malt $0.99/LB Domestic Specialty $1.49/LB Import Base/ Specialty $1.79/LB
In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Intro To Winemaking
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 4/21
- Sunday, April 29, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/29
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/19
- Soak in the secrets to making wine using varietal concentrates from all over the world. Learn to craft excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. Our winemaking experts will walk you through the entire winemaking process; from selecting the right juice to bottling the finished product. Be prepared to impress your friends, expand your palate and uncork something special.
Advanced Winemaking: Finishing and Customizing Wines
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/5
- Soak in the secrets to making and customizing wine using varietal concentrates from all over the world. You’ll learn how to craft excellent wines and customize the juice to satisfy your palate. Our winemaking experts will walk you through the finishing steps of making wine and how to change the finished product completely: from oaks and tannins to various yeast strains. Be prepared to impress your friends, expand your palate and uncork something special.
Wine From Fruit
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/19
- Turn fresh fruit into wine. Our winemaking experts will show you how to make great fruit wines from your own backyard harvest. Experience the process from start to finish as our experts walk you through the entire fruit winemaking process; from selecting the right fruits and prepping them to bottling the finished product. Be prepared to get your feet wet and impress your friends with the fruits of your labor.
Brew Your Own Beer - Intro to Beer
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 4/28
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/12
- Ready to embark on your grand brewing adventure? Learn how to brew great beer at home with our very own Midwest Extract Kits. Our brewmasters will walk you through the entire process from boiling the wort to bottling your brew. We’ll also explain what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn practical tips and techniques for a successful brew day.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 4/14
- Saturday, May 26, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/26
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd and separating curds and whey. We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
All-Grain Brewing 101: Basics
- Sunday, May 20, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/20
- Brew like a pro. Master the all grain techniques used in breweries all around the world. Our All-Grain experts show you how to ditch the dread and teach you how to mash, lauter, sparge and create your own fermentable wort from grains. This is the class to build on your extract brewing skills, or learn from the ground up with practical tips and hands-on demos from the pros.
All-Grain Brewing 301: Water Chemistry
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/22
- If you’re ready to raise your brewing game, then join our Brew Scientists in this All-Grain 301 class and conquer one of the most important ingredients in beer, WATER! In this class we’ll show you how to get the most out of the largest component in your brew. As well as, focus on the make-up of various brewing water profiles and how they have evolved over time to create some of the most famous beer regions in the world. So, what are you waiting for… Expand your repertoire and release your inner Brewmaster.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/14
- Saturday, May 26, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 5/26
- Learn to brew the most refreshing and delicious Kombucha you have ever-brued with our Everbru Kombucha™ Starter Kit. We'll walk you through the kombucha kit and go over the basics of making kombucha. We can also touch on health trends and natural probiotics or just looking for a naturally fermented non-alcoholic beverage to delve into.
Keg Your Creations - Kegging 101
- Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/15
- Sunday, May 27, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/27
- Tired of bottling your beer? Ditch the bottles and join us in this Intro to Kegging class and learn how to start kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine!
- Sunday, April 15, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/15
- Want to get your taproom up and running? Our Keezer Builders will walk you through the entire process from building the keezer to serving your brew-static creations. In this class you'll learn how to turn a chest freezer into the ulitmate homebrew kegerator. Plus, enjoy 15% off the purchase of any keg system and get ready to start serving!
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/21
- Ready to discover what all the buzz is about? Join us in this hands-on Mead Making class as we dive head first into all the equipment, ingredients, and knowledge you need to create your first batch. Learn practical tricks and tips on mastering the art of fermenting honey with live demonstrations from the pros. And if you’re ready to start your brew of the bees, then join our mead magicians let the crafting begin!
Advanced Brewing: Session Beers
- Saturday, April 28, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 4/28
- Warmer weather is approaching, which means it’s time to brew your next spritzy summer squeeze! And session beers are the perfect brew to get ready for the weather ahead. In this Advance Brewing course, you’ll learn the high science behind these low abv beers. Plus, our experts will set you up for success by sharing crucial tips and techniques for brewing up sessionalbe beers.
Make Your Own Sour Beers
- Sunday, May 6, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/6
- Set off on a mouth-puckering adventure as we tour the highways and byways of making sour beers. Our sour expert will walk you through the entire process: from kettle sours to barrel inoculation and adding fruit. Plus, learn crucial techniques on the various sour methods and tips on how to manage the process to ensure your brew is a success. Join us in this informative class and learn everything you need to know on getting started with sour beers!
Off Flavors in Beer: Why They Happen & How to Avoid Them
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 5/13
- Train your palette to detect the off-flavors in your beer. As beloved as beer may be, this beverage also has many opponents. Outside forces like oxygen, sunlight and time do their best to ruin your beer. But even the ingredients in your beer like malts, hops, water, and yeast that make your beer delicious can spoil your beer. Learn how you can prevent your beer from getting spoiled with eliminate these off-flavors. Our Brewmasters will teach you how to identify and control the flavors of your brew.
Blue Ribbon Beers - Tips and Tricks to Succeed in Competitions
- Sunday, May 13, 2018 @ 2:30 p.m. Sign up for 5/13
- Ready to make your own award-winning beer? Well, it all comes down to brewing something you love to brew and drink. And, with our help, you’re sure to craft a blue-ribbon beer. Our knowledgeable brewmasters will share crucial tips and tricks on how to succeed your homebrew competitions: from selecting the perfect style and designing your recipe to entering your beer, you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to showcase your fantastic brew and make it stand out.