In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Chilean Must Release Party
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 02/17
- We’re kicking off our Spring wine pail program in style. Enjoy an afternoon with the Midwest winemakers as we present information on Chile’s famous wine regions. Be the first to get in on these wonderful wines!
Brew in a Bag
- Sunday, February 18, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 02/18
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 02/24
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Intro To Brewing
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 02/25
- Saturday, March 17, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/17
- Ready to embark on your grand brewing adventure? Learn how to brew great beer at home with our very own Midwest Extract Kits. Our brewmasters will walk you through the entire process from boiling the wort to bottling your brew. We’ll also explain what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn practical tips and techniques for a successful brew day.
Advanced Brewing: Lagers
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 03/03
- Brrr... It’s cold out there! But that won’t stop us. Brew up a crisp, clean lager the Minnesotan way by taking advantage of our perfectly chilly conditions to master the toughest brewing challenge there is. Our knowledgeable brewmasters will share crucial techniques for managing the fermentation process to ensure your brew is a success. A tribute to the historic, traditional style that shaped beer tastes from Germany to America. Prost!
Advanced Brewing: IPAs
- Saturday, March 3, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/03
- Stop by and learn from our experts how to craft superb IPA’s with these or any of the multitude of hops available to homebrewers. They will cover everything from bittering to dry hopping all while showing you what new and adventurous IPA’s you can create at home.
- Sunday, March 4, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/04
- Learn to brew the most refreshing and delicious Kombucha you have ever-brued with our Everbru Kombucha™ Starter Kit. We'll walk you through the kombucha kit and go over the basics of making kombucha. We can also touch on health trends and natural probiotics or just looking for a naturally fermented non-alcoholic beverage to delve into. Let me know if you are struck by any creativity on this one.
Growing Hops with Josh Havill
- Saturday, March 10, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/10
- Get back to the roots of brewing and grow your own hops. Josh Havillis is here to school you on the ins and outs of the entire growing season. As a graduate-level Research Assistant in Plant Biology at the University of Minnesota, he will walk you through selecting the right hop strains to harvesting and everything else in between. Discover how to grow your very own hops and craft a beer from the ground up.
Intro To Winemaking
- Sunday, March 11, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/11
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/24
- Soak in the secrets to making wine using varietal concentrates from all over the world. Learn to craft excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. Our winemaking experts will walk you through the entire winemaking process; from selecting the right juice to bottling the finished product. Be prepared to impress your friends, expand your palate and uncork something special.
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
- Saturday, March 17, 2018 @ 2:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/17
- Tired of bottling your beer? Ditch the bottles and join us in this Intro to Kegging class and learn how to start kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine! You'll also want to hang out for the follow up class of "Building a Keezer (or kegerator)” where we take the kegging basics to a whole new level. Our Keezer Builders will show you how to build a keezer and get your taproom up and running.
Advanced Brewing: Belgian Beers
- Sunday, March 18, 2018 @ 1:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/18
- Learn to brew like a monk! These traditional beers have been passed from generation to generation and we will help you create these special brews at home. Dubbel down on the beers that are the perfect mix of science and art.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 03/24
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd and separating curds and whey. We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
Advanced Brewing: Beer Clarity
- Sunday, March 25, 2018 @ 1:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/25
- This class explores all the options available to the homebrewer that desires a crystal clear beer. From process techniques to fining agents to filtering, you’ll leave here with tips on making your beer look commercial-grade.
All-Grain Brewing 101: Basics
- Saturday, March 31, 2018 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 03/31
- Brew like a pro. Master the all grain techniques used in breweries all around the world. Our All-Grain experts show you how to ditch the dread and teach you how to mash, lauter, sparge and create your own fermentable wort from grains. This is the class to build on your extract brewing skills, or learn from the ground up with practical tips and hands-on demos from the pros.
All-Grain Brewing 201: Advanced Mashing
- Saturday, March 31, 2018 @ 1:00 p.m. Sign up for 03/31
- Ready to level up your All-Grain techniques and brew better beer? Then, this is the class for you! Our All-Grain experts will go beyond the basic concepts of all grain brewing and highlight how altering some variables in temperature, time and ingredients will change your beer completely. You’re guaranteed to leave with plenty of ideas for adjusting your mash and creating a beer that is truly your own.