In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Crowler With Us
- Everyday During Business Hours, Call to Reserve your Time Slot!
- Dream it. Brew it. CAN IT!
Ever dream of canning your Homebrew? Now you can Can! Call us at 952-562-5300 ext 1060 to reserve a time slot. Bring in a cooled keg into the store and a trained associate will have your beer canned up and ready to go in no time flat. Give us call!
Homebrew Bottle Swap
- Every Sunday from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00pm
- Share your Passion!
Bring a few bottles of your homebrew to our St. Louis Park location to swap with other local homebrewers. Bottle by bottle, discover what other passionate brewers are making, and get some inspiration along the way.
Intro To Brewing
- Sunday, June 18, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/18
- Sunday, July 16, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/16
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
- Saturday, July 29, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 7/29
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Intro To Winemaking
- Sunday, July 2, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/02
- Sunday, July 23, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/23
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
Wine From Fruit
- Saturday, July 22, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 7/22
- Learn the tricks to making great fruit wines from your backyard harvest. Our experts will walk you through all the steps to make a great batch of wine from fruit preparation through bottling. We'll answer your questions and help you get started on making great wines. You will have the opportunity to taste a few fruit wines.
- Saturday, July 1, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 7/01
- Award winning mead makers will be doing demonstrations and giving tricks and tips to mastering the art of fermenting honey. Come join them to ask questions and start your brew of the bees!
- Saturday, June 24, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/24
- We will get you started on making cheese at home by showing you a variety of techniques including cutting the curd, separating the curds and whey, using a cheese press and waxing hard cheese, We will talk about various types of cheese, how to use the right milk for the project, explain what the rennet and cultures do to help in cheese making, talk about temperature control and aging. All of these components have an impact on the final cheese product. There will be a variety of cheese samples for you to try and a few wine pairings (from Midwest Supplies wines) to wash it all down. Join us for this very informative class on cheese making.
Advanced Cheesemaking - Hard Cheeses
- Saturday, July 8, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 7/08
- Learn how to take the next step in home cheesemaking from our expert Larry Janke. He will demonstrate techniques in making hard cheeses such as cheddar, gouda and parmesan. Hard cheeses require some extra care including pressing, waxing and the the aging process. Larry will guide you through them all. Bring your questions and Midwest will bring the cheese with some wine pairings!
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
- Sunday, June 25, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 6/25
- Sunday, July 30, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/30
- Tired of bottling your beer? Stop in for the Intro to Kegging class to learn the basics of kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine!
- Sunday, July 9, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 7/09
- We are going to go through the buch kit and walk through the basics of making the buch. We can touch on health trends and natural probiotics or just looking for a naturally fermented non-alcoholic beverage to delve into. Let me know if you are struck by any creativity on this one.