Current In-Store Spotlight
Pre-Order our Italian or California wine for just $89.99
Our delicious Italian and California wine are now available for pre-orders at our retail location. Stop by 5825 Excelsior Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55416 or place a phone order at (952) 925-9854 ext. 1060.
All of the wines listed below are now available for pre-order. Pre-order will end mid-September. Juice must be picked up day it arrives.
In-Store Homebrewing and Winemaking Events Calendar
Upcoming Classes & Events
Class size is limited! Call 952-562-5300 ext 1060 or visit our new Events Page to register and reserve your seat!
All classes are FREE unless otherwise stated.
Crowler With Us
- Everyday During Business Hours, Call to Reserve your Time Slot!
- Dream it. Brew it. CAN IT!
Ever dream of canning your Homebrew? Now you can Can! Call us at 952-562-5300 ext 1060 to reserve a time slot. Bring in a cooled keg into the store and a trained associate will have your beer canned up and ready to go in no time flat. Give us call!
Intro To Brewing
- Sunday, August 20, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/20
- Sunday, September 17, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/17
- Learn the step-by step process to make great beer at home from our own Midwest Extract Kits. One of our knowledgeable brewers will walk you through the entire process from the boil to bottling, while explaining what each ingredient does and how it affects the beer. This class will be a big help to you if you're just getting started, are considering this as a gift, or have made a few batches.
- Saturday, August 26, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/26
- Saturday, September 23, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/23
- Bring the process and creations of the professional breweries to your garage. This class will demonstrate a single infusion all-grain batch and cover topics, equipment, and techniques relevant to all-grain brewing. Questions encouraged.
Intro To Winemaking
- Sunday, August 27, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 8/27
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/24
- Learn to make wine from varietal concentrates from all over the world. You can learn to make excellent wines at home for a fraction of the cost of buying them. One of our wine makers will walk you through the entire wine making process so you can see how easy it really is. You'll have the opportunity to taste several wines made from these concentrates, to see demonstrations and ask questions about your next steps for the Italian and Californian Juice.
Wine From Fruit
- Saturday, August 19, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 8/19
- Learn the tricks to making great fruit wines from your backyard harvest. Our experts will walk you through all the steps to make a great batch of wine from fruit preparation through bottling. We'll answer your questions and help you get started on making great wines. You will have the opportunity to taste a few fruit wines.
Advanced Winemaking: Finishing and Customizing Wines
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/16
- Wine kits and pails are designed to please the masses but learn how to customize wines to fit your specific taste with Larry, our award winning wine expert. He will walk you through finishing steps that make a world of difference and discuss how the various oak, tannin and yeast strains change your finished product.
Advanced Cheesemaking - Hard Cheeses
- Saturday, September 9, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/09
- Learn how to take the next step in home cheesemaking from our expert Larry Janke. He will demonstrate techniques in making hard cheeses such as cheddar, gouda and parmesan. Hard cheeses require some extra care including pressing, waxing and the the aging process. Larry will guide you through them all. Bring your questions and Midwest will bring the cheese with some wine pairings!
Intro to Kegging & Keezer Building
- Sunday, September 3, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/03
- Tired of bottling your beer? Stop in for the Intro to Kegging class to learn the basics of kegging your beer at home. We will explain the "ins" and "outs" of kegging and force carbonating your beer, as well as sodas, sparkling water, hard ciders and even wine! You may want to hang out for the follow up class of "Building a Keezer (or keggerator)". This step in the brewing process will take your brewing to a whole new level!
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/10
- We are going to go through the buch kit and walk through the basics of making the buch. We can touch on health trends and natural probiotics or just looking for a naturally fermented non-alcoholic beverage to delve into. Let me know if you are struck by any creativity on this one.
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. Sign up for 9/30
- In this class, we’ll teach everything you need to know about how to turn your favorite juice into hard cider!
Apple Crushing & Pressing
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/16
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/30
- Learn to turn apples into apple wine or hard cider. There will be demonstrations of crushing and pressing apples as well as answers to questions about cider and wine. You can bring up to 3 bushels of your own apples and practice crushing them. Don't forget to bring a bucket or gallon jug to collect the juice to bring home, otherwise we have plenty in stock for purchase.
FREE Adminssion, but make sure to reserve a 30 min time slot to crush your apples.
Pro tip: Great, sweet eating apples like Honeycrisp actually make very bland cider. To offer a more robust apple flavor, use sharper varieties like Haralson or throw in a small amount of crab apples.
- Saturday, September 2, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/02
- Stop in and brew with our staff in the parking lot as we pit 2 experienced brewmasters against each other in a brew-off with mystery ingredients. We will ferment them in store and you, the customer, will decide the winner when we taste them in 4 short weeks. First customers in the door get to draw the random ingredients for the brewers.
Iron Brewer Tastings
- Saturday, September 30, 2017 @ 9:00 a.m. Sign up for 9/30
- We will have the keezer pouring beer tastings all day from our Iron Brewer competition and you, the customer, get to crown the champion. Stop in for some beer tastings and pick the winner!