Extremely durable, featuring a stable built in base and linear valve for the ultimate control. The tri-clamp head connection quickly disassembles for easy cleaning.
The Blichmann RipTide™ Brewing Pump ship directly from the manufacturer. Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery.
Blichmann Engineering and March Manufacturing have come together to build the ultimate RipTide™ Brewing Pump.
Extremely durable, featuring a stable built in base and linear valve for the ultimate control. The tri-clamp head connection quickly disassembles for easy cleaning.The RipTide™ Brewing Pump features:
- Curve blade impeller and rare earth magnets that delivers 7 GPM and up to 21ft of pressure head!
- Tri-clamp head connection that disassembles in seconds for easy cleaning.
- 1/2" NPT inlet and outlet connections.
- Splash proof and silent bounded motor (50 dB).
- Linear flow valve for the ultimate flow control (no need to buy a separate valve and fitting).
- Air vent valve and partially enclosed impeller design to prime the pump in seconds. (No more frustrating air locked pumps).
- Stainless steal head that rotates 360 degrees to fit in virtually any installation.
- Big stable base with rubber ends to keep the pump from tipping.
- Power switch on base.
- Includes 10 ft long cord with plug (120V).
- Base acts as a cord wrap for convenient storage
- Patent pending
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
It seems to be a quality product. It does what it says. I chilled a 10 gallon batch to pitching temperature in about 22 minutes.
Everything on this pump is properly designed to accomplish its intended purpose. Able to regulate flow rates through choking the downstream flow by needle valve. Purge valve on the top side of the centrifugal pump cavity to avoid vapor locking the pump during start-ups and feed switch-overs. And quick release band clamp to take apart to clean pump cavity and impeller. The other bonus is the on/off switch on the motors bottom frame...great for activating the equipment separately from the other electrical devices run off the same power strip.
I bought two of these to replace my Mach II pumps. I was over with the priming difficulties as well as having no on/off switch. These Blichmann pumps are in another tier! 3 reasons to go buy them today.
1- has a bleed valve to get air out of line while spilling minimal wort and primed pump every time.
2- Having an actual on/off switch is so much better than trying to plug and unplug my old pumps.
3- It’s pumping capacity destroys the Mach! I can run one pump to recirculate wort through my HERMS system, where before I had to link 2 Mach pumps together.
Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $40 and get the better pump the first time.
Top of the line pump
My bias is to buy things one time. This pump falls into that category. It seems very well made. The biggest attraction was ease of cleaning. I can't imagine why you'd buy a pump that doesn't come apart like this. What's the marginal value of knowing the parts that touch your liquids is whistle clean? Exactly.
I got the Transfer quick pump connection kit which is a must. The pump moves a good volume of liquid; we were able to transfer 70 gallons of cider in short order. Strongly recommend.