- 400 micron stainless steel mesh will keep hop trub and other kettle additions out of the final wort.
- Rubberized insulating handle for protection from heat.
- 14” tall by 6” diameter basket size - perfect size for circulation.
- Built in hooks to hang on the kettle edge.
- Capacity volume of 1 Ib. pellet hops.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The fine mesh does a pretty good job of keeping the hops and other additions out of your final product. The sides feel like they are going to crush in when cleaning but so far no problems.
You must have your wort chiller in the 10 gallon pot before dropping this into place or you could have a big mess on your hands. Very difficult to clean thoroughly without a very deep sink or very high faucet. As far as doing the job it was designed for it does it very well.
I purchased the hop spider for use with my new Grainfather. With the recirculating pump I run it through the hop spider to keep the hops circulating. It is nice not having such a mess in the bottom after the boil!
Way easier to clean and more sanitary than hop bags. It allows for much more room to let your hops bloom than a tea ball. After a half dozen batches, I don't know how I managed the last 25 years of brewing without it!
Works for exactly what it's supposed to work for. I brewed a DIPA with a ton of hops recently and it saved a ton of hop material from getting into the fermenter. Of course there's still some stuff that gets through, but it kept the vast majority of material out. Would definitely recommend.