- 400 micron stainless steel mesh will keep hop trub and other kettle additions out of the final wort.
- Rubberized insulating handle for protection from heat.
- 14” tall by 6” diameter basket size - perfect size for circulation.
- Built in hooks to hang on the kettle edge.
- Capacity volume of 1 Ib. pellet hops.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This was a gift I gave from a wish list. Hope it is just what they hoped for.
I decided to give one of these a try after having used a hop spider with the mesh bags. Great improvement! Much easier to clean and the hop oils filter into my wort better. Fits in my 10gal MegaPot without touching the bottom and I can still use my 50’ copper wort chiller with this as well. Highly recommend!
The fine mesh does a pretty good job of keeping the hops and other additions out of your final product. The sides feel like they are going to crush in when cleaning but so far no problems.
You must have your wort chiller in the 10 gallon pot before dropping this into place or you could have a big mess on your hands. Very difficult to clean thoroughly without a very deep sink or very high faucet. As far as doing the job it was designed for it does it very well.