Grow your two main beer ingredients right at home!
Grow your own 2-row malting barley next to your hop rhizomes for a great aesthetic look, as a fantastic cover crop, or learn to malt barley at home and grow all of your own beer ingredients right in your back yard! Barley can be sown as soon as the ground is workable, typically the same time as other garden plants and seeds.
Newdale is a two-row spring malting barley variety breed in the early 90's at the AAFC Brandon Research Centre located in Canada. Newdale has been widely used as a malting variety since the late 90's. This variety is known to out yelled other common malting varieties such as Harrington and Manley, by 5 to 24% in some years.
- Average Days to Maturity: 95
- Average Height: 2.5 - 3.5 ft
We offer Newdale seed barley in two sizes to cover 50 sq ft or 250 sq ft.
Note: Seed Barley and Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Newdale seed barley is for plants and growing barley. It will need to be malted prior to brewing.
Newdale Two Row Malting Barley will ship in Spring 2021 with rhizomes orders. If ordered separately from rhizomes, it still will not ship until Spring 2021.
43473 - 50 sq. ft.
- This is barley is for plants and growing barley, it has not been malted and will need to be for brewing.
- Seed Barley & Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- Seed Barley and Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes and/or Newdale Malting barley on that order.
- Due to USDA restrictions, any Seed Barley order containing Rhizomes are not able to ship to HI, AK, WA, or ID.