Based on the tried and true combination of Citra and Mosaic, Arctic Slush takes these iconic hops to the next level. Utilizing the immensely popular Cryo Hops, this recipe unapologetically cranks up the flavor and aroma while maintaining only moderate bitterness.
The base of this frosty ale lends a pronounced malt profile of clean grainy flavors with a hint of toast and a slightly noticeable dark caramel note, while the Cryo hops impart monolithic essences of citrus, pine, tropical fruit, and floral notes. Its modest alcohol character makes Arctic Slush the perfect beer to pair with any meal or another pint.
- Style: IPA
- Fermentation Range: 60-72F
- Original Gravity: 1.051
- SRM: 9
- IBUs: 50
- ABV: 5.0%
- Aroma: Faint toast and slight caramel malt aromas lay in the background as dominant citrus and tropical fruits and slightly herbal and piney hop aromas take center stage.
- Appearance: Deep gold to light amber color with a fluffy white foam head. Good clarity.
- Flavor: High hop flavors of mango, grapefruit, stone fruits, berries, and faint herbal pine are balanced by just enough malt richness with undertones of lightly toasted bread and caramel and toffee-like character. Moderate bitterness.
- Mouthfeel: Medium to medium-light in body with a slightly creamy texture. Medium to medium-high carbonation with no hop astringency.
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Notes from Brad, Head Development Brewer:
This kit is very easy to brew (only a 20 minute boil!), and the hops are very tasty, with lots of citrus flavors and pine. My friends have enjoyed it and it is a great beer for anytime of the year!
Arctic Slush Cryo Hop Session IPA Beer Recipe Kit
One of the best beers I've brewed from a kit! The hops are amazing and will be my go-to in future purchases. They provide a very deep, sweet grapefruit note with other sweet berries like blueberry. I also get a hint of melon. The back end is a very nice traditional bitter of an IPA. Easy to follow recipe and a great winter IPA.