The Grainfather allows you to mash, sparge, boil and cool, all in the one fully electric, self contained system. Now includes the Connect Controller. You can take direct control of the Grainfather with your iPhone or Android using bluetooth. Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App for the ultimate brewing experience. The Grainfather is an all-in-one All-Grain brewing system designed to declutter your brew cave and put everything you need in one compact package. No need to take your craft outside, with this fully electric system you are safe to brew indoors! The Grainfather system is the perfect brewing companion for both new and experienced All-Grain brewers looking to streamline the brewday experience. Manufacturer's Instructional Booklet Please allow 1-3 weeks for delivery, as The Grainfather will ship directly from the manufacturer via FedEx Ground.
The Grainfather features:
- Full Five Gallon Batch Capacity
- 304 grade stainless steel superior body, with 8 US Gal (30 L) capacity
- Expandable grain basket to suit grain bills up to 19.8 lbs (9kg)
- A robust magnetic drive pump (6 watt, 1800 RPM) and wort recirculation pipe with insulated handle, ensuring consistent temperatures throughout the mash and maximizing efficiencies
- Pump filter to keep hops and stray grain in the boiler, and your wort clear and bright
- Counterflow Wort Chiller with copper inner coil, cooling your wort to <68°F within 20mins
- Toughened plastic control box and display screen, giving you total temperature and pump control. Dial in the exact temperature for your mash, allowing both step mashing and single temperature mashing with very fast ramp up between steps
- Dual heating element (1600 watt and 600 watt elements) allowing you to switch between heating quickly to a vigorous boil and maintaining a stable temperature
- Tempered glass lid for maximum durability, heating efficiencies and visibility during your brew day
- Top and bottom mesh screens for your grain basket, allowing even distribution of your sparge water and ensuring no grain enters the boiler
- Dimensions: 29" H x 19.1" L x 17.2" W
New Connect Controller Details:Automation without removing the fun of brewing, be as involved as you want to be! More automation means you can multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return for your next step. Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App for the ultimate brewing experience. Connect Controller Instructions Control Box Features:
- Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away
- Change between celsius and fahrenheit easily
- Waterproof graphic display
- Lugs at rear which can be changed to suit any Grainfather currently on the market
- Use in manual mode or with app
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in app
- Import Beer XML files
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between celsius and fahrenheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in app
- Hardware: iPhone 4S or higher
- Software: iOS8 or higher??. Must have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Hardware: Android 4.3 (API Level 18) or higher
- Software: Must have Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)/Bluetooth Smart
|Support Documents||Click here for documents|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
So much easier than all grain in a cooler method. Pricey, wait for sale. Bluetooth and app are iffy, hopefully they'll improve it soon.
This thing is truly amazing. You have all the fun of all grain beer recipes without all the hassle. It's small and super easy to clean. App is not the greatest, and the apple version is better than Android, but still. Love the grainfather.
I have brewes a couple of batches now and absolutely love the new system. I like how easy it is to create and brew on. It is a 120v system so it does take some time to get water heated up. But that was to be expected. I do wish they’d have a 220v system to chose from. I would definitely reccomend this for a new brewer!!
If you're looking to get into all grain brewing but are limited on space, this is it. It also takes up much less time, as the mashing and boiling steps are a much more "set it and forget it" style. I can now do an entire brew session in my basement while getting other things done, except I do need my stove to hear up sparge water. (The electric sparge water heater is on my wish list)
This is a high quality product that makes all grain brewing easy.
Meh, the pump doesn’t work after the boil and the cool down coil is not efficient