Shining with a slightly hazy, golden radiance and topped with fluffy clouds of brilliant white foam, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy delivers a refreshing slice of summertime in every sip! Like a trip to the corner lemonade stand – with a deliciously grown-up detour – this shandy combines an all-American style wheat beer with a heaping dose of real crystallized lemon. The result is an incredibly refreshing session-strength ale featuring the tang of freshly-squeezed lemonade without the sugary sweetness.
Perfect for any outdoor activity, from swimming holes to sandlot pickup games, Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy is a great go-to, whether you’re looking for a fun, easy-going seasonal fling, or summery brew so refreshing, you’re happy to sip it all year long.
- Style: American Wheat Beer/Fruit Beer
- Fermentation Range: 59 - 74F
- OG: 1.045
- SRM: 4.5
- IBUs: 14
- ABV: 4.4%
1-Gallon Extract Kit also available
- Aroma: Noticeable wheat-like maltiness with moderate fruity esters and pronounced lemon aroma.
- Appearance: Deep golden straw color with a slight haze. Firm, lasting brilliant white foam cap.
- Flavor: Smooth malt character of freshly baked bread with faint notes of water crackers. Low bitterness is just noticeable with prominent, refreshingly tart freshly squeezed lemonade flavors lingering after swallowing.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-low body with moderate creaminess and a slight tartness on the back of the tongue.
- Overall Impression: An easy sipping sessionable ale with well-balanced malt and hop character and a refreshing, lingering lemonade flavor on the finish.
Brewmaster Brad's Thoughts:
"Not much is more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of fresh lemonade, or for that matter, a cold, lower ABV American Wheat Beer. Brewers have known this to be a great combination for a long time, and it is high time for a recipe kit featuring this classic combination. The base beer is a simple American Wheat with moderately low bitterness and then it is dosed with real, all-natural, preservative-free crystallized lemon. Not to be confused with lemonade mixes or soft drink mixes, the crystallized lemon in this recipe is just that – lemon. Since the crystallized lemon contains no sugar, the beer gets a delicious dose of lemonade flavor without adding additional fermentables that could lead to a renewed fermentation or possible over-carbonation in the bottle. Give this one a whirl, it is truly a refreshing treat even for the biggest of hop heads."
Looking for the All Grain Version?
|Total Time to Make||6 weeks|
|Beer Style||American Wheat Beer, Fruit Beer|
|Beer Recipe Kit Instructions||Click here for recipe kit instructions|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Everyone seems to love it!
The brew finished maturing on a Thursday drained the keg on the following Monday
Really good, lighter summer ale. Smooth taste and just a hint of lemon, so it’s not too overpowering. Really light, almost looks like a lager in a glass.
Summer Squeeze Lemon Shandy Beer Recipe Kit
This came out better than expected. One of my best!