Grow your own Sterling hops!
These Sterling Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
Sterling hops have a unique spicy flavor that is reminiscent of both Saaz and Hallertau.
Note: Rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Rhizomes will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Sterling: Contains an uncommon oil content resulting in a unique combination of a delicately spiced, citrusy aroma with herbal and floral tones.
Typical Sterling Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 4.5 — 9%
- Beta Acids: 4 — 6%
- Co-Humulone: 21 — 28% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 0.6 - 1.9 mls/100g
Additional Hop Resources:
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
They seemed fine. I'm new to hop growing so not mush to go by. They looked healthy. Good instructions. Came at the right time. They're in t he ground now. Just waiting for harvest time and brewing.
This plant has performed well since year the first year. No problems with bugs or disease to this point.