- 1 gallon fermentation jug with cap and airlock
- Mini Auto Siphon and tubing
- Spring Tip Bottle Filler
- 2 oz No-Rinse cleanser
- Bottle capper and pry-off caps
- Your choice of recipe kit
You supply:HERE'S THE FUN PART!
Every starter kit comes complete with your choice of recipe kit. Just pick one of the classic Northern Brewer recipes below and you'll have all the ingredients you need to take your new gear out for a test drive.
Caribou Slobber Brown Ale
- Like your brews tall, dark and drinkable? Then try Caribou Slobber Brown Ale. Perfect for fans of substantial craft beer, this ale is full-bodied and smooth, deliciously dark without a hint of bitterness. Guaranteed to become your new favorite session beer.
Irish Red Ale - If you're looking for a perfectly-balanced, crowd-pleasing pint, you can't go wrong with our Irish Red Ale. There's a reason this kit is our best-seller. Actually, three reasons: great, medium-bodied taste, rich coppery color and enticingly low aging requirements.
- Like their German cousins, American wheat beers feature large proportions of malted wheat in the grain bill and are naturally a bit cloudy in appearance. Unlike German Hefe Weizen, though, American wheat beers have a bit more hop character and are fermented with a milder-tasting yeast, resulting in a more clean, neutral finish. With a spicy noble hop aroma and tart finish, it's a spritzy, refreshing crowd-pleaser.
Off the Topper Imperial IPA
- A hurricane of hops explodes with flavors of fruity pineapple and dank piney-peach. Surprisingly drinkable for the excessive lupulin, this is an exciting starter recipe not for the faint of heart. Hazy and aromatic, bitter grapefruit and tropical nectarine crash into notes of orange and zesty citrus for a profile bursting with resinous hop character.
The Plinian Legacy Double IPA
- A true west-coast style Double IPA, this recipe boasts a hefty, straightforward malt bill to support a relentless barrage of hops. Waves of floral, citrus and pine crash into candied citrus and resinous, earthy flavors. A resoundingly fresh IPA flavor profile highlights each unique characteristic, featuring notes of juicy orange peel, puckering lemon and the refreshing, tropical burst of pineapple to match a bittering finish.
Smashing Pumpkin Ale
- This spiced Amber Ale is infused with nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. The spices mingle with sweet, toasty malt to frame an intensely flavorful brew. And just like it's big brother, you can add real pumpkin to this recipe for a truly smashing, pumpkin ale - just add an extra pound of 6-row and a large straining bag to your order. It's outside the ordinary, delicious, and most of all fun.