MegaPot 1.2™ is a stainless steel masterpiece available in 8, 10, 15, 20, and 30 gallon capacities. Every detail has been thought through to enhance the homebrewing experience. The heart of the kettle is a 4mm thick Tri-Clad bottom- made specifically for even heat distribution. The 1.2 proportion of MegaPot has been scientifically designed to promote a vigorous boil and reduce off-flavors.
- Crafted of stainless steel for ease of cleaning.
- Stay cool silicone handles on the kettle and lid serve to limit scorching!
- The handles are riveted in place to aid in lifting a hot liquid-filled pot.
- A polished stainless steel band surrounds the upper rim, reinforcing rigidity of the pot while adding a little bling.
- Graduated volume markers inside the kettle - one at each gallon.
- The heart of the kettle is a 4mm thick Tri-Clad bottom- made specifically for even heat distribution.
- The 1.2 proportion of MegaPot has been scientifically designed to promote a vigorous boil and reduce off-flavors.
- Diameter by Height: 14.1" x 16.3"
- Metric Internal Diameter by Height: 36 cm x 42 cm
- Wall Thickness: 0.8mm
- Ball Valve: SS 1/2" NPT w/ 1/2" Barbed for 3/8" or 1/2" ID Tubing
Ideal for 5 or 6 gallon batches, but with plenty of space for Brew-In-A-Bag methods as well.
Now standard on all new MegaPot 1.2™ brew kettles with ball valves, the IsoFlow™ bulkhead will retrofit to previous drilled versions of the MegaPot 1.2™ or any other kettle with a 7/8" hole. Our revolutionary patent-pending IsoFlow™ bulkhead is purpose-built for homebrewing. With snap-in accessories, you can easily pop in a diptube for transferring every last ounce of wort, or a hose barb (not included) to hook up your false bottom.
You may also need a 11.5" Titan™ Universal False Bottom
I'd recommend this pot. It boils a seven gallon beer with no issues. The temperature guage isn't necessary. Just get the one with the spout and save some money.
I started brewing probably 20 years ago. I have never progressed beyond extract brewing, but (IMHO) I have still made some good beers. One of the more serious challenges that I have struggled with over the years was not having a boiling kettle large enough to boil the whole batch. This always led to a wort that was more caramelized and darker than I wanted. Well... those days are gone, forever! The new MegaPot easily held all of the boiling liquid with plenty of room to spare. No more boilovers for this brewer!
Assembly was easy (in spite of somewhat cryptic directions) and all of the materials are of high quality. I have only used it one time, so far, but I plan to brew again soon after the New Year. Really looking forward to this new pot making my future brews easier and the beer even better. I highly recommend this product!
This is my 3rd MegaPot 1.2 Brew kettle. The 10 gallon kettle was a little more manageable when just heating up water or making a quick beer kit. I highly recommend this brew kettle.
I wished that I had purchased this item years ago.
It will be passed on when I'm gone.
This is a top of the line item. There is not a better brew pot available!
Great for 5 gallon all grain. Get the false bottom too.