- Grapefruit, citrus-y flavors and aromas
- Signature hop of many American ales
- Good for late additions and dry hopping
- Occasionally used for bittering
- Typical alpha: 4.5-7.0%
Growing your own Cascade hops is easy! Rhizomes are root cuttings of the female hop plant. Simply plant in well drained soil in a sunny location with room to climb and they’ll grow like weeds providing beautiful foliage and shade. Harvest and dry the cones for use in your own homegrown homebrew. Cascade is a traditional American aroma hop, renowned for it's delightful citrusy, grapefruit character and is an excellent dual purpose hop. 4.5 - 7.0% AA.Grows well in all climates. Susceptible to aphids.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes, they can be different types.
- Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
- Ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to encourage production and the greatest chances of success.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Bought 2. 1 was better than the other. Kept moist in the fridge for 3 weeks due to late cold weather in Colorado. In the ground now for a week. Already see 1 breaking the surface. Hope they both do well
It’s growing well
I ordered this a long time ago and no delivery. Midwest keeps pestering me to rate my order, well 1 star is all it gets. My current hop vines are already a foot tall, so don't tell me they are sent out depending on location and growing season.
The order has not arrived.
A great all-around hops. The rhizomes are great, and a bargain price, too. I grow 5 different hops and Cascade is the most vigorous. It spreads - making it a bit of work to keep it down, but easy if you want to propagate it. I grow these in Minneapolis, where we have all kinds of weather, and they do great.