Grow your own Centennial hops!
These Centennial Rhizomes are root cuttings of the hop bine; to be planted in well-drained soil with plenty of sun and room to climb, then harvest and dry the flower cones in late summer for your brewing pleasure!
A very popular dual purpose American hop, Centennial is also widely used for late additions and dry hopping. It has a pleasant spicy, citrus aroma and clean bitterness.
Note: This is a pre-order item; rhizomes will ship directly from the grower starting in mid April. Minimum order is two rhizomes, they can be different types.
- These are a pre-order, and will ship directly from the supplier as soon as they are available (typically mid April).
- The minimum order is two (2) rhizomes. Since these are live root stock, we cannot guarantee they will grow so ordering two of each variety desired is optimal to provide greatest chances of success.
- Rhizomes will be shipped through the US Postal Service. Please provide a USPS-deliverable address with these orders. If you have a PO Box address and wish to order rhizomes, please include ONLY rhizomes on that order.
- Due to local restrictions, we cannot ship rhizomes to HI, AK, WA, or ID.
Centennial: A very popular American bittering hop, Centennial is also widely used for late additions and dry hopping.
Usage: Dual purpose
Flavor Profile: Medium intensity, floral and spicy citrus tones
Similar Hop Varieties: Cascade, possibly Chinook or Columbus
Typical Beer Styles: All US-style Ales, IPA. Has been used with wheat beers
Typical Centennial Hop Statistics:
- Alpha Acids: 9.5 — 11.5%
- Beta Acids: 3.5 — 4.5%
- Co-Humulone: 28 — 30% of alpha acids
- Total Oil: 1.5 — 2.5 mls/100g
Additional Hop Resources:
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Even with the Covid situation, hop rhizomes still arrived on time and in great condition. Planted and thriving! Cheers!
I received both rhizomes in a decent amount of time. I have them planted in containers. One has sprouted from both ends while the other from just one. So far so good.
Already sprouting out and several inches tall after planting two weeks ago